Captain Ice x reader

Note: Requested by no one, I just had this idea while having lunch today and just had to. Reader will use they/them on this one!

Joining her crew was probably one of the best decisions in their life. They had to work hard and the sea had made them a bit dizzy the first few days, but for them it was all worth it. They had traveled everywhere and helped capture wanted cookies. Whoever, being with Captain Ice was the most wortwhile for them.
It first it was admiration. They admire how she could take decisions without loosing her nerves and how everyone on her crew trusted her. But as time passed, they realized it had turned into something else. The fact that they helped her personally didn't help. Their heart beat when their eyes made contact with her, and sometimes they found themselves looking at her for afar, a bit of red on their cheeks.
Of course, they never told anyone about it. They weren't sure what could happen, but they didn't want to risk it.

They found themselves walking to the deck one restless night. As much as they tried to sleep, they just couldn't. So they decided to go up and see the stars for a bit, hoping they would get tired enough.
The cold wind hit their face as they got up, and they shivered a bit. After working for so long with Captain Ice they had got use to the low temperatures, but some nights were too cold for them. Not wanting to go back to their shared dorm and work one of their comrades, they decided they could deal with it. A bit of cold never hurt them before, it wasn't going to hurt them now.
To their surprise, someone was already on the deck, leaning to one of the rails. The figure turned her head around, and they found themselves looking at their captain.
"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" She asked, making them gulp internally.
"I'm sorry Captain! I couldn't sleep and thought the night breeze could help me. I will head back now" they said quickly, moving their gaze to the floor. They were about to turn around when their captain surprised them once more.
"Mhm. In that case, you are welcome to join me for a while" she said, her gaze back to the sky. They looked at her back for a few seconds, unsure of what to do. They could go back to their dorm and turn around on their bed for who knows how long, or be with the captain. They didn't need to talk, they thought. Just a captain and a sailor in silence, enjoying the night sky for a moment.
And so they found themselves walking to where Captain Ice was. They leaned on the same rail a few feet away, their gaze on the sky too.
"Tell me, do I intimidate you?" She said after a few minutes of silence. They looked at her, confused. Of course, she had an imposing aura around her, but she had never intimidated them or anyone on the crew. Everyone respected her and followed her commands without a doubt. The only ones intimidated were the bandits they followed and captured.
"Of course no, Captain. May I ask why you think that?" they said, earning a hum from her.
"You look nervous around me sometimes, that's all. I might be the Captain, but don't want anyone in my crew to feel uncomfortable" she said, making them blush a bit.
Both looked back at the sky again in silence, their mind racing with their cheeks still red. "She had noticed, of course she had" they thought in panic, thinking she was going to tell them she knew about their crush. But the other cookie said nothing else. They breathed, internally relieved. Even though they were kind of obvious, she hadn't noticed.

They shivered after who knows how long, realizing it was even colder than before. "Maybe I should head back now" they thought. But they were wrapped on something warm before they could do anything. They looked to their side as one hand grabbed the fabric. It was Captain Ice's coat. They looked at Captain Ice, their cheeks a small shade of red.
"You were shivering a lot. Not need to get sick while being here" she said. They could only nod at her, not trusting their voice at that moment.
She gave their shoulder a small pat before turning around. "Just bring it to me tomorrow. Rest well" she said before making her way to her personal dorm and leaving them alone.
They hugged the coat, their cheeks red. They didn't know for how long they could keep it a secret if she continued like that.