“Go get me your pink lace bra.”

“What?” I looked at him confused.  

“I need something to remind me of you and that’s my favorite bra you wear. On top of that,  it always has the scent of your perfume on it.”

“Aug that’s weird.”

“Just go get it.”

I went in the drawer and got it and gave it to him. He took a long whiff.

“Shit smell so good. Damn I’m lucky.” He smirked.

“You are so weird. And I don’t want to know what you’re going to do to that” I laughed at his crazy self, thinking about how him and his ego might have a good time with that bra. He was starting to remind me of those niggas in jail that ask they women to send them, they panties. Yuck!

“I don’t need to do that with this. Cause you finna face-time me the real things.”

“Noooooo August.” I laughed. I was not about to be doing no on-camera freak show for him.

“Watch.” He smiled and put the bra in his luggage. “So get yo on camera skills ready Kim K.”

“Uh, absolutely not.” I threw a tee shirt at his head.

He laughed, then put it in the luggage.

I made sure he had everything ,then finished putting everything in the luggage. I was going to help him take it to his car, but him being the man he was, told me no – he had it.

I just took the shoulder bag he had. We eventually got everything in his car. Then the kids came out. A3 ran into his stomach crying.

“Pop-pop me no want you to go. I be good.”

Aug picked him up and wiped his eyes. “I’m not leaving cause you been bad Auggie. Daddy just got to handle some business okay?”

He shook his head yes, then hugged Aug around his neck tightly.

“We gon talk everyday okay?”

“Okay.” Auggie said. “Love you Pop-Pop.”

“Love you too man.” Aug kissed him, then put him down.

Sata came up to him wiping her teary eyes, she hugged his waist.

“Why can’t we go with you daddy?” She looked up at him.

“Because I got to go by myself and you got school.”

“I can miss school.”

“No you can’t babygirl. I’ll be back. A month is going to be over before you know it. Okay?”

“Okay.” She said through tears. “We made you a card.” She handed him a card the kids made.

“And we made you some cookies Uncle Aug.” Octavian handed him some cookies in a plastic sandwich bag we all made this morning.

“Aww thank y’all.”

“I’mma miss you too.” O said and hugged him.

“O you hold down the fort. You in charge. Take care of Sata, Auggie, and Auntie Amb for me aight?”

“Gotcha.” He smiled.

“If anybody give you problems, that includes Auntie Amb,  you let me know and I’ll straighten them out.”

“I will.” He looked at me and laughed.

“Nah but forreal, y’all don’t give mommy no problems you hear me?” He said to all of them.

They all said yes.

“I mean it. Y’all help her with whatever she needs help with and listen to what she says.”

“We will.” They all said.

“Give me one more hug.”

All three of them hugged him together.

“Y’all go in the house now so I can talk to mommy before I leave.”

“But we want to see you pull off.” Sata said.

“You will. I’ll get you before I leave.”

“Okay.” They all ran in the house and closed the door.

Aug held both my hands, then pulled me into a hug. He was so tall, so my head touched his chest and he wrapped his arms around my head.

“If you need me to come home for something, let me know. You know I’ll be here.”

I shook my head. He kissed my forehead.

 “We call each other everyday.” He looked in my eyes.

“Okay.”

“Morning, noon and night. If you breathe I wanna know. Face-time me and say Aug I just breathed.”

“August.” I laughed at his clinginess.

He laughed.

“Love you mama.” He pecked my lips.

“Love you papa.” I smirked then kissed him deeply. I didn’t want to let my baby’s lips go. I was going to miss not feeling them against mine every morning, so I needed to get enough of him to last me.

“Amb.” He said against my lips. “My mouth starting to hurt.”

“Sorry.” I pecked his lips one last time.

He smiled. “Guess what?”

“What?”

“Your man… (kiss) a G (kiss) he didn’t even cry.” He chuckled.

“Mel would be proud.” I laughed.

He looked at me seriously, his hands around my waist.

“We gon come through this stronger than ever. I promise.”

“I know.” I started to tear up.

“Ahhh damn Amb.” I saw his eyes starting to water.

“Sorry.” I smiled.

I saw one tear roll down his left eye. “That was just one tear that don’t count.”

We both laughed.

“Love you.” He pecked my lips.

“Love you more.”

“Love you most.” He pecked my lips one last time.

I went to get the kids as Aug made sure his car was straight.

We all took a pic together, with Aug’s long arm acting as a self stick.

“Say cheese?” He said.

“Cheese!” We all said.

We said our last good-byes. Then Aug got into the car and we watched him pull out the driveway, until his car disappeared down the road. 

Life After Marriage Book 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें