Epilogue/ Smut, You Demon Children

Začít od začátku

There was a soft knock on the doorframe and an annoyed "Come in!" From Madam Pomfrey before he entered.

It was like seeing a ghost.

His eyes were grey, icy; shadows hung underneath. That was what Harry noticed first- like bruises, outlining the almond shapes. Messy blonde hair that was stiff with product, but hands had run through it nervously. Black Hogwarts robes hung on an underfed figure, the green tie wrinkled and lopsided.

Draco smiled, showing off his pearly white fangs, and that's when Harry started to cry.

He knew what he was doing, none of this what? I'm crying?? Bullshit. Lips trembling, eyes blinking erratically, he stared at the boy who was supposed to be dead.

"Um... I'm... Not dead?" Draco said, his smile falling nervously. He was so uncomfortable, it was comical... Although it was obvious he had been worried. Normal Draco would be more immaculate, but each wrinkle in his clothing and each lock of hair out of place told so much.

Harry laughed through his tears. "I can see that. And I'm glad."

Draco coughed at that, gravitating slowly closer as if he wasn't sure it was okay. Harry eventually got tired of this dancing-around sort of way of moving and pulled him closer with some force. The other boy froze up for a second before melting against Harry's half-sitting-up body. It was a bit uncomfortable, but neither minded.

Harry found himself running his hands across Draco's arms repeatedly to make sure he wasn't just an illusion. Draco buried his head in Harry's shoulder, climbing up onto the side of the bed carefully to make sure he didn't hurt his boyfriend. The two moved slowly, each believing the other to be fragile and not wanting them to break.

They were okay. They were okay.

______________________________

Later, the thin leather journal with no title at all was found near The Losian. It was said to be Kais' Horcrux, likely the only thing tying him to this world until another twisted villain decided to resurrect him. It was promptly destroyed.

The man murdered in the courtyard had no ties to either villain except that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was used for the making of the Horcrux. His name was Taylor Osane, and he had been missing for roughly three months. His family (including a sister, a brother, and a pregnant wife) had simply assumed he had been taken by Voldemort; which was a good guess in these troubling times. It was getting worse with each passing day; Voldemort was gaining followers.

Thanks to this incident, the school was let out for winter break a few days earlier.

Loud chatter and bustle crowded the halls as children took their time streaming out the doors. Prefects tried in vain to keep them organised and herd them in tidy groups, but they (of course) refused. In the end, almost everyone was crowded onto the train. Including Harry, surprisingly.

There was one loose end left to tie up.

A few days prior, he had received a letter in the beak of Lupin's barn owl, Hickory. The letter was carefully stamped with a red wax seal, and Harry had to snicker. Lupin always did like to be a bit dramatic with the unimportant things, although he would fervently deny it if you accused him of this.

Inside of the envelope was a creamy yellow paper, surprisingly high-quality. Where Lupin had managed to acquire it, Harry had no idea, but he read the messy-yet-graceful ink scrawl to himself quickly.

Harry-

Hello! I hate that we've been so out of contact... Forgive me. Perhaps you would do us the favour of visiting for Christmas? You're welcome to bring your friends! We have quite enough room... And If you want to bring your boyfriend, that's fine as well.