Chapter 1- Not Gay Not Gay Not Gay Not Gay Not

______________________________________

Chapter 1- Not Gay Not Gay Not Gay Not Gay Not

~Draco's POV~

The next day, his first class: potions class with Snape, a hook-nosed pale teacher with black hair. Draco remembered him from last year... Staring at his teacher's pale skin and black hair, Draco tried not to snort. He looks like a vampire.

Snape quickly brought attention to a boy looking mostly innocent. Mostly, because Potter recoiled beneath the teacher's gaze, and Potter was never innocent.

Black, messy hair. Green eyes. Big glasses. Yes, Harry Potter, the famed Harry Potter. His nemesis. Draco couldn't quite catch what Snape said because Harry's cheeks kept getting pinker. Good for him. Let him be embarrassed. Dumbass.

The thought made Draco come back to reality. Back to Snape quizzing Harry, and Hogwarts, and broken whiskey bottles on the floor of Draco's bedroom as Lucius lost his temper.

Some other thought bit at his brain, though; a little annoyance of a notion. It poked and prodded gently until brought to light.

Oh, how Draco hungered. It vibrated in his veins, the need for blood. How it tasted, the pills he fed himself only half-by-force. The taste... Irony and tangy and just perfect, better than peppermint tea and chocolate. Potter could fuck off for all he cared when this sweet substance existed.

Yes. Draco Malfoy was a vampire. This was the secret, the awful secret that his family had been trying to hide for all his life. It was passed down his father's side, skipping generations at a time, and it just so happened that he had been cursed. Not that this was unusual- there were lycanthropes at Hogwarts, so why not vampires?

It was a shame. It was a shame. It was a shame to everyone who knew him, and who would know him, and to himself. That's why his family kept it a secret, and were able to escape from Voldemort with the help of the shameful skeleton in their closet.

But again, Snape jolted him from his thoughts. "You may begin."

Oh fuu-

He hurried to find a partner, coming up with nothing. Pansy paired with some curly-haired boy, Hermionie paired with Ron from across the room, Goyle paired with Crabbe... But thankfully, another lost soul wandered about the classroom. Draco tapped their shoulder lightly, and they turned around...

Harry.

"Fuck-??"

Harry let out a snort at Draco's surprised exclamation. "Hello to you too, Malfoy." He held out his hand mockingly, grinning.

"Wanna dance?"

Draco rolled his eyes, trying not to snarl at Harry's exasperating behaviour. "Only if you let me lead, you moron. At least you're better than Goyle."

So they got their things, and thankfully, Harry knew what they were doing... Though Draco, of course, did his best not to show his gratefulness. Even though Draco tried to start up multiple arguments, Harry stayed irritatingly silent. Just ignoring him. Come on! Stop being so boring and fight me.

They did it (mostly) perfectly, crushing snake fangs and removing snail shells and different curious things. However, a Gryffindor boy from the other side of the classroom did not.

His potion turned a strange yellowish-green and bubbled up, making a hissing noise. The boy leaned in, curious, and it burst up into the air, exploding in his face and dropping onto the ground. He yelled out, boils popping up around his face. On his nose, cheeks, forehead, and even (horribly) on his eyelids. He struck out and knocked the potion over, making it hiss onto the ground. His partner leapt onto her chair, and everybody else in the classroom followed suit.