Chapter One- Dark

WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC CONTENT AHEAD

Light footsteps echoed through the hallways as two men walked towards a familiar door that they have seen for such a long time. Opening it, they were greeted by a lady with golden locks tied into a neat bun. She pushed her glasses upwards before handing out her hand to the men in front of her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you kind sirs."

"Same to you as always, Miss Jeanette Scott."

Jeanette ushered them both to sit down as she sat opposite to them. She brought out a thick bind of paper and a pen, placing it on the table. Jeanette was nervous to say the least as this was the first time, in her twenty years of being a writer, that she has met the two most admired men in the continent. She looked at both the handsome men, adjusting her coat before nodding at them to speak. The shorter of the two smiled, crossing his legs and spoke.

"So, are you ready to hear the story of a killer and an idiot excuse of a prince?"

"Buckle up miss, this is going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride."

....................

It was two o'clock at midnight and the road at the city of Maraliya was empty. The deafening silence added to the moonlit road made everything perfect for the only person who stood outside a decent looking building. Putting on his mask that covered everything except for his chocolate brown eyes, he walked past the three unconscious men on the ground and walked inside. The corridors were lit with small bulbs every two meters. Turning off all the lights as he walked up, he stretched his arms and jogged up the stairs, his light footsteps barely making any sound.

Upon reaching the fourth floor, he switched off the lights and smirked as his vision sharpened. He wasn't anything supernatural but his incredible ability to see clearly in the dark reminded him of all the efforts that paid off during his training to turn him in to who he is now, an assassin for those in need of justice. He walked straight as his eyes were fixed at a specific door. Upon observation for the past two days, he concluded that the apartment itself wasn't as cheap as the others. As he finally faced the familiar wooden door, he effortlessly opened it and laughed to himself at the memory of how oblivious his victim was while he imitated the key to the door. After closing the useless piece of wood, he noticed the old and cracked television was still turned on, giving the living room a dim lighting. The whole room was a mess and the disgusting smell of cigarette mixed with alcohol and a familiar drug made him roll his eyes.

Disgusting...

As he walked through the living room, he noticed a few framed pictures of tonight's prey. Looking at a specific one, his eyes scanned the smiling face of the idiot with his arm around a little girl who looked broken, helpless and scared that it made his stomach twist. He gritted his teeth as the thought of what happened to the innocent little girl struck his mind.

"Pathetic son of a bitch."

Not wanting to waste time, he stormed to his prey's room and immediately, the sound of loud snores and heavy breathing errupted from the sleeping man's throat. Smirking, he went closer and started to remove every single piece of clothing from the man's body. The parents who hired him paid generously and asked for one request before killing the man completely. Of course, who was he to decline?

The sleeping man suddenly opened his eyes and gasped as he struggled to remove the handcuffs on his wrists. Goosebumps suddenly appeared as his whole naked body shivered from the dark chuckle that echoed through the pitch black room. The poor man tried his best to adjust his vision but everything was black except for the rosary that was on the mysterious person's neck. It glowed in the dark and the closed door and windows only added to the man's despair.