chapter 10-Not again.

I go back to Brooklyn's room after spending time with Josh.

I'm glad we worked things out, although I'm not sure if it'll last but oh well I guess I'll have to hope.

By the way, nothing went down much all that happened was a simple make out which lasted a few seconds or even shorter.

It was more of a peck kinda 'cause I really was still careful about trusting him.

Anyway, I rush back to Brooklyn's room hoping she's still sleeping but I was wrong.

As a matter of fact, she was wide awake.

She was on her phone and had an angry look on her face.

Oh oh I hope she wasn't mad because of her brother and I.

"Um...hey what are you doing up?" I said trying to sound like everything was okay.

"Oh nothing, I just couldn't sleep" she said.

"Oh okay?" I said still seeing the angry look on her face.

"So why do you have that look on your face?" I asked courageously.

"Because I couldn't sleep over the make out noise coming from downstairs." She said giving me a YEAH YOU'RE BUSTED look.

"Oh?"I said nervously.

"Oh? Really is that all you have to say?" She asked her voice slightly higher than it was.

I remained silent and looked down.

"Really? Why? You just had to make out with no one but my brother. At first, I thought all the moaning was coming from some of my brother's hook-ups. Just imagine the surprise finding out it was you." She said angrily but sad at the same time.

"Wait did you just say hook-ups?" I asked.

"Is that seriously what you're concerned about right now." She asked.

"Listen, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything but it... it's just complicated." I said trying to sound as innocent as I could.

So, I guess when I said nothing really went down that was a lie.

But to me, it wasn't really a big deal at least it wasn't my first make out session and definitely won't be my last.

Besides, it was like for like just 10 minutes.

"Nothing's complicated about being a sl**ty b****. Like couldn't you just hold yourself for one night. After all, you came here for me and not my brother. Look, I honestly don't care about how you've played boys in the past, but if you want to be friends that has to stop especially with members of my freaking family." She said upset

Suddenly, I felt a wave of boldness rush over me. Like why did I owe her an explanation afterwards, she was like my friend for what? a week?

She literally had no right to judge me when she barely knew enough about me to judge.

"You know what? I don't freaking care what you think. You're not my mom and definitely not the boss of me. I can do whatever I want to do with my life and you out of all the people if the earth can't judge me." I said annoyed.

I could see a wave of unhappiness hit her and she looked like she could cry at any moment.

But I didn't care.

Just then my phone rang, it was my sister calling. On a normal day I wouldn't answer but since there was nothing I was doing other than standing awkwardly here with Brooklyn.

"Hello" I said in a tone which showed I didn't want to talk to her.

"Anna, you need to come home now" she said her voice with worry.

"Wait, why? What's going on?" I asked starting to worry myself.

"It's mom and dad. Something's happened to them" she said hanging up.

"Wait, what happened to them?" I asked but getting no answer.

Oh my God, I have to leave now.

Which was almost impossible'cause it was raining heavily outside and so windy. There was no way a cab could come pick me. Infact, no vehicle could move under such weather conditions.

And yet there was an emergency at home.

Oh God what do I do?

I wish I could talk to Brooklyn, we'd have probably figured something out.

But it was too late for that. I had to find a way to get home.

I packed my stuff and headed down stairs.

I met Josh on the way and he had a look which read confusion.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I uh... something came up at home." I said.

"What about Brooklyn?" He asked and I didn't reply.

"Okay how are you going to get home? You can't leave in this storm" he said wondering what the heck I was doing.

"Listen I have to get home, I don't care if I have to walk there." I said.

Now that was stupid.

"Alright, can I drop you off then?" He asked.

My face lit up.

"Sure".

----------
As we approached my house I could see a cop car and some other cars parked near my house.

"What was going on?" I asked myself.

Josh immediately answered with an "I don't know" expression reading my mind.

I ran out of the car.
I met my aunt at the entrance talking with a cop.

She had tears in her eyes and bags under her eyes.

"Aunt Cass, what's going on?" I said starting to panic.

She looked at me, and tried to be strong but ended up crying.

"Honey,...I don't know." She said obviously lying to me.

I ran into the house where I met my sister and my uncle who where crying.

"Alexa! What's going on?" I asked rushing.

She didn't answer as she continued crying.

Then my uncle walked towards me and handed me a ring.

It was my mom's wedding ring.
Why did he have it?

She never went anywhere without it.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but your mom and dad where involved in a wreck." He said.

"What?!!" I said before everything went black.

Hey guys, it's been a while and I'm sorry. But here's another chapter. I hope you like it. Don't forget to Vote and comment 👍❤️❤️ Bye..