chapter 1

Chapter 1- Life is so good

“Anna, Anna, wake up”, a familiar soft and gentle voice said. It was the voice of my mom. I opened my eyes but it took a lot of strength to keep them open. I sat up as I turned to see my mom sitting on the edge of my bed. “Um…mom…what are you doing here?”, I asked my voice as sleepy as ever. “I came to wake up my little princess and remind her that she’s a year older today”, my mom said in a sweet and quiet voice. It was then I remembered that today was my birthday. “Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I forgot my own birthday.” I said my voice still sleepy and my eyes starting to shut. “It happens to some people but I have a surprise for you. So go have your shower and come downstairs.” She said with a smile on her face and with that been said, she stood up and left. Though, I was still sleepy but I was also very eager to know what my mom had in store for me, she’s the best at planning surprises. I got off my bed and headed for the shower. Surprisingly, I had my shower faster than I had ever had it before. You can’t blame me, when mama’s got something cooking, it’s too hard to resist. I got dressed in a pink top with a denim jacket and blue jeans trousers. I put my waist-long, brown hair in a ponytail and applied some lip gloss. I grabbed my phone which was sitting on my bed and headed downstairs. When I got downstairs everything was normal. The whole house was neatly arranged and no one was in it. I saw no streamers, no banners and no cake. “What the heck could be going on?” I thought. I headed outside, thinking maybe the surprise was a big party thrown outside but there was nothing. Just the same old, big lawn with fleet of cars sat there. I started to feel bad as I decided to check the backyard. I honestly should have just given up because what I saw in the backyard was saddening. I saw my sister sitting on a picnic table wearing a party hat and my mom was by the barbeque. I honestly thought maybe there was still time to make a run for it but unlucky me, my sister; Alexa had sighted me and beckoned on me to come. “hey, Anna come on we have something exciting to tell you.” , my sister said with a loud and sarcastic voiced. Though my back was turned to her, I could have sworn she was grinning. I reluctantly turned around and walked closer to the picnic table where my sister sat. “Here comes the birthday girl ” my sister said as I approached the picnic table. You could hear it from the sound of her voice that she was trying too hard to sound like she was interested in my birthday. She even offered me a party hat which I refused blatantly. I was so close to snapping at her when she started sprinkling glitter on me. I knew Alexa was never interested in anything about me neither was I but if she didn’t want to be here, she could just say so rather than making this already silly excuse of a birthday party even worse. I couldn’t even say if it was her I was upset with or my mom. I really couldn’t understand if she was smiling about something else or if it was because she was enjoying the show.
After a few minutes of torture from my sister, we finally settled down to eat. It smelled very nice; we had barbeque with freshly squeezed lemonade. After the meal, I returned to my room with no hope that this day was going to turn out well, when my sister ran into my room. “Hey, Anna… mom wants you… in the downstairs now” my sister said trying to catch her breath. My sister’s the smartest person I know. At the age of 13, she’s already in high school. She has a huge brain in that head of hers but sometimes I feel like she likes being stupid sometimes just to frustrate me. I mean she couldn’t knock before entering my room. “Okay…I’ll be there” I said not making any effort to move.  With that she left my room. I sighed heavily as I got off my queen-sized bed. I walked slowly down the stairs obviously in a bad mood but what I saw downstairs almost took my breath away. I saw everywhere neatly decorated with a few of my friends partying, my favorite song playing and a huge cake. I was so happy, I was even happier when my mom called everyone’s attention. “Hello friends and family,  as you all know it’s my daughter; Anna’s 16th birthday and I’ve invited you all here to celebrate with her. So I would like to make a toast to my daughter Anna, to health, life and her new car” my mom said lifting a wine Glass. OMG!!! Did I just hear I’m getting a new CAR!!! “AHHHHHH!!!!” I squealed as I ran down the stairs and engulfed my mom in a bone-crushing hug. I kept uttering the word; thank you as I hugged her even tighter.

Hey guys! So like this is the first time I’m writing a book. I hope you love it. Pls vote, comment and buckle up tight ‘cause we’re in for a roller coaster ride