Birthday Surprise

Belle's POV

It's almost ten and I am so excited because today just so happens to be my birthday. For my birthday I decided to go camping with my friends for a whole a month. I told my parents to only drop by ever so often to bring some food and drinks. As soon as I finished packing I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and texted all my friends to see if they were ready. I was just about to bring my bag downstairs when suddenly my phone started vibrating like crazy. I waited till the buzzing stopped to finally put my bag in the car.

By the time the clock struck eleven I had arrived at the campsite where we had decided to camp, put up a very large tent, unpacked, and built a campfire. I sat down by the fire looking up at the stars when I started to get a little tired bc I had been waiting for my friends to arrive. I looked at my phone one last time to look at the text messages I had sent them. But before I clicked the power button I looked at the time, it read 12:00. I decided to call it a day and go to sleep hopeful to find my friends in the morning. But when I looked into my tent I found my 1st birthday present.

I found out my friends were in the tent and they all yelled at one time "Surprise, Happy Birthday Belle!" But I was so tired I didn't hear them and just started to fall into "my bed" which Drew was in the place of, so I fell on top of him and just fell asleep there for the entire night. But just before i fell asleep i heard a lot of "awwwww's."

I woke that morning feeling really refreshed but no clue why, so I looked around before I got up to see if there was a reason why I felt so refreshed. And when I looked around I saw all my friends all over the tent sleeping. I had no clue why they were in there but I liked having them. Suddenly something moved beneath me and when I looked down I found Drew beneath me.

I stared at him and just admired him a little bit when all of a sudden his eyes opened up and were staring right back at me. My cheeks immediately flushed red and I looked away for a quick moment and then turned back to him.
When I did I found that he was smiling and blushing too so I just had to smile. "Good Morning Belle" he said. I smiled and answered back "Good Morning Drew."

He was still smiling when I asked him how I got on top of him. He answered back " Annabeth and the rest of us wanted to throw you a surprise party so we hid in your tent and waited for you to open UR tent. But you didn't open UR tent until late last night. So when you finally opened UR tent we all yelled "Surprise, Happy Birthday Belle" but then you just started to fall and what you happen to fall on to ,was me." He blushed when he said that last part and I couldn't help but smile again.

I started to say sorry and get off of him at the same time but I slipped and fell back on top of him. I lifted my head off his chest and tried once again to get up but he reached out and pulled me closer to him and said " Don't get up just yet." When I asked why he hugged me tighter and brought his face closer to mine. He pulled me closer and gently placed his lips on mine. I closed my eyes as the kiss deepened and become more passionate. When we broke free of the kiss he said "that's why."

I wanted to kiss him back right then but then we started to hear some yawns and "Good morning Love birds" from across the tent. I tried to get up and get something to eat for my friends but Drew wouldn't let go of me and whispered in my ear " please don't go." I looked down at him and whispered back in his ear, " I won't be gone for long."

As soon as he heard those words his grip on me lessened and I was able to slip out. I went to go get some food for my friends but when I returned back to the tent I only found one person there, Drew. I set the tray of food down and walked over to where he was. I slowly leaned down to his level and asked where everyone was at.

I didn't hear an answer so I started to get up. But when I tried to I was pulled down into his embrace. He then told me that all the boys had gone to the bathroom and the girls went to the river to wash up. He hugged me tighter and brought his face close to mine. But right when he was about to kiss me Annabeth walked in.

I tried to get up but Drew pulled me down and said " Hey Annabeth what ya doing. " She had a smirk on her face and answered back "Hey Drew, what are YOU doing?" I looked at Annabeth and then back at Drew. Then I heard Drew answer back casually "nothing" and quickly let go of me and whispered "we will continue this later."

Annabeth quickly grabbed me and dragged me out of the tent. She then brought me to a private area and started squealing. She was so happy for me and Drew but I told her we were not together but she still continued to squeal and me to blush.
She then started telling me she told me so bc I had doubts that Drew didn't like me and she knew I had doubts too but she always asked me things that meant he might like me.

I was still confused about the whole Drew "thing" like why he all of sudden started kissing me. I mean I liked it and all but I was still confused so I asked Annabeth about it. She said to ask him about it the next time we were alone and I totally agreed with her. That is the thing I should do.

When were done talking we decided to head back but Annabeth ran a little further in front of me and called back "I told you so!" And right when she said that, Drew happened to be coming around the corner just in time to hear what Annabeth had said. I ran after her but Drew stepped right in front of me. I tried to stop but I crashed right into him knocking him and I to the ground.

I lifted my head off his chest and stood up but I felt bad for knocking him down so I extended my hand to help him up. But I guess I put a little bit too much muscle into helping him. Because when I did he stood up quickly causing me to fall back. But a tree caught me just in time. I guess I was still holding his hand when I fell bc he had me up to a tree.

When I looked at him I found him looking right back at me. I started to laugh and when he saw , he started to laugh too. He then tilted my chin up so I was looking right at him and asked, "So what was Annabeth talking about?" My cheeks flushed and I answered back, " None of your business!" and broke free of where he had me stuck to the tree.

I started to run away from him but he grabbed my waist and pulled me back, knocking me back into him once again. He asked again " what was Annabeth talking about?" I told him once more " none of your business." He then backed me up to the same tree I fell on and said " If you don't tell me then I'm just going to have to kiss you." When I didn't answer him he brought his face close to mine until finally he was inches away from kissing me. Then all of a sudden we heard a scream and raced back to the others to find out what was going on.

When we arrived, Jenny ran to me and started crying. I looked back at Drew but he was just as confused. I tried to calm her down to figure out what had happened. I found out that there was a snake in Jenny's tent. I immediately went to check it out and when I looked around her tent all I found was one stupid rubber snake and when I flipped it over it said: Property of Tom Jackson.

I walked out of Jenny's tent and went over to where Tom was and slapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and yelled "Owww, what was that for?"

"You put a rubber snake in Jenny's tent."

"I thought it would be funny "
he said with puppy dog eyes.

I couldn't stay mad at him so I laughed and said "Tom, don't do anymore of those stupid tricks, especially on Jenny, ok?"

"Sure, I guess."

"Great, now go say sorry to Jenny" I said confidently and pointed in Jenny's direction.

"Yes, Mom."

I smiled as he ran off to apologize.