You rub Ruel's back before following Mia outside.

The cold wind hit you both as we stood out of the front of the house as Mia calls Grayson's number. You rub your arm, your arm hairs spiking up on your arms and legs.

M: 'Weird, it went straight to voicemail'

Y/N: 'Maybe he has his phone off while he's driving?' you suggest

M: 'Yeah, probably' she shrugs before slipping her phone into her back pocket.

Y/N: 'I'm so stuck Mia...'

M: 'About the Melbourne thing?'

Y/N: 'Yeah, I just...I was supposed to do it tonight but I just don't know if I can'

M: 'It's your choice but if you don't think you can do long-distance, don't put your relationship on that strain. You don't know if you're even going yet'

Y/N: 'But as soon as I tell him I applied to go, he's going to convince that it was the worst idea because he knows that I will get in..I mean, I don't believe that but he does'

M: 'It's good that he believes in you but I'm on his side...Melbourne is...'

Y/N: 'My old home? Yeah, I just, as soon as I tell him my plans to go back to my dad, he's going to forbid me to go.'

M: 'He's just trying to protect you y/n. You're dad is-'

Y/N: 'An abusive alcoholic, I know' You cut her off

M: 'You could always go to the boarding school there'

Y/N: 'That's another cost...What do you think I should do? Honestly'

M: 'Wait until you get in...Then you know for sure and when you find out, your decision will come easy I think'

You nod and think about her comments, she was right but something felt wrong about telling him and dong it all of a sudden.

Y/N: 'I'm going to do it tonight Mia...I'm doing it now' she looked sad, knowing that you were about to end the relationship that everyone admired but you knew it was the right decision.

You take a deep breath and go back into the house, making eye contact with him and bending your head to outside. He hands Tilly his drink before coming to you outside.

Y: 'Can you take me home now?' you ask innocently

R: 'Grayson isn't even here'

Y/N: 'My mum said there's an emergency at the house.' you lied but he nodded and gave Mia a hug before taking your hand in his as you walk down the driveway to his car. 'Can we take a long way home? I really wanna take as much time as possible before going back into hell.'

R: 'Anything you want princess'

He kissed your head before he opened the car door for you and you slipped into the passenger seat. You thought about it a lot on the ride home but when he pulled up in front of your house, you couldn't do it. He leans over, giving you a long kiss before pulling away with a smile

R: 'I love you'

Y/N: 'I love you too' you said with a small smile and before you knew it, you were walking up to your porch stairs.

You look back to see Ruel waiting in his car to make sure you got into your house and were safe. You close the and see his car lights move back down the street but you suddenly heard two voices.