2 | HIDE

CHAPTER 2 - HIDE

———

"Could you explain everything to Kiko once she comes back out?" The unnamed alter asked as he sat up in the hospital bed," Oh, I'll make sure Kid knows you're okay but she definitely won't trust you yet. Please could we also get therapy?"

Takahashi nodded his head as he wrote everything down," Do you know of any triggers yet for yourself?" When the other shook their head he only let out a sigh.

"This is going to be difficult for all of you to adjust to this, how many alters are there?"

"Only us 3 from what I'm aware," The alter explained before letting out a hiss," I'm dissociating again, I think Kiko is trying to front." Takahashi only said that it was probably best he explain things to the most likely confused girl, to which the male alter nodded and let Kiko take over.

A few seconds passed before a more feminine voice came from the body. Kiko hissed at the immense headache that hit her all at once. "Why does it hurt so much?" She muttered out, her hands letting her head rest in them.

"This is Kaneki now, is it?" Takahashi made sure," Do you understand what's happening?" The black haired girl ignored him as she tried to think over everything Kid had told her, her heart beating faster than normal.

"It's going to be okay, Nee-san!"  Kid's voice echoed inside her head.

"Thanks, Kid," She whispered aloud, not sure how to get the message back to her, before looking up at the doctor who was still in the room," What happened while I was...gone?"

Takahashi smiled sadly. "It's going to take a while to explain," He started," First of all, have you ever heard of Dissociative Identity Disorder?" As the doctor continued to explain what it was, Kiko's grey eyes widened.

She couldn't believe the news she was receiving. The fact that her own mother must've abused her enough for her to form this disorder seemed insane to her. It only felt real because of how everything fitted together. Her father died when she was 4 and the abuse started then. When she was 5 the blackouts started and you have to be under the ages of 7-9 to develop DID, before the brain could bring all of a child's personality into one.

"I spoke with your other alters-!" He was interrupted by the girl in the hospital bed.

"How come I don't remember anything of those times though?"

He sighed sadly," When the brain decides the only way the body of the child can survive after the flight or fight response fails multiple times, it splits up into different identities and an amnesia wall is created. This is so the host can live as normal as a life after and to never find out about the other identities or the trauma that happened all those years ago. The brain works in that way because it believes you wouldn't be able to handle the memories and so others hold them. However, as time goes on and the more you communicate with alters the amnesia wall can thin and slowly you might be able to remember."