Chapter 12

Gulf got out of the car and headed for the beach with a cooler box containing different types of alcohol in ice.

They came prepared.

Mild took the beach chairs and went after Gulf.

Jenny had a bag of beach towels for everyone.

Mew and Oat had their cool selves as they trailed behind the others.

They spent the day at the beach. They had lunch delivered at the beach. They played in water. They had more drinks and when it was getting chilly, they packed their stuff and went back.

Gulf had been distracted the whole day. Mew was shirtless and the scene from seven years ago came to him. He had painted it in his head and now it was haunting him. He was out of it the whole day.

They had dinner together at the resort. They were truly having a nice time despite the tension between Mew and Gulf.

"so, what should we do tomorrow?" Mild asked as he finished eating his food.

"I was thinking hiking" Oat said as he drank some water. He turned and said Mew, "would you like to go hiking?"

"someone is in too deep" Mild jested, "is your husband like this too?" He asked Jenny who just laughed and said,

"wait until you get married"

Gulf chuckled not really enjoying it.

The following morning, the group got ready for hiking. They decided where to go during their breakfast in the resort.

It didn't take long until the crew were going to the mountains for hiking in full hiking gear. They again used two cars, one with Mild and his friends and the other car with Mew and Oat.

They got to the hiking mountain, took their water bottles and light snacks for the road.

"I'm not coming down until I get to the top" Oat said as he got more than one water bottle. He was determined. That was the type of person he was.

They started going up the mountain together, occasionally stopping for short breaks, chatting and laughing. Mild and Oat were having the best time of their lives. They were catching up on life. The siblings hadn't seen each other for a long time and had so much to share. Jenny was part of the occasions because she was Mild's best friend. They had spent their high school together and since then they were inseparable. They shared everything and there was no secret between them.

Mew and Gulf were there listening and laughing when they heard something funny.

It was when they were 35 mins in their hike that Mew's phone rang.

Everyone stopped as he answered the call, surprised it had connected in the mountains.

"Yes...... what do you mean it crashed?.......... but it can be recovered?............no ( a deep sigh) I can be there in four to five hours.......for now don't let her know, I'm coming there right now"

Oat went to Mew and held his hand, "an emergency?"

"yes, the computers at Elevate 2 crashed and I have to go there and take a look"

"You want me to come with you?"

"No p' enjoy time with your brother I'll be ok. I'll see you when you return." Mew pecked Oat on the mouth.

"is that why you decided to come with your car here?" He asked

"I had a feeling I might need it" Mew replied, their fingers till connected.

"what do we do since you left your car at the resort, would you like me to drive you back"

"you have to see it to the end right"

The remaining three people looked at each other.

Jenny shook her head, "I'm not ready to go back down and then come back up again. honey can you please drive him back?" She asked her husband who nodded his head and responded with a sure.

"I'll miss you" Oat said as he hugged Mew tightly.

"hey let the man go, it's just one day," Mild said as he pulled his brother out of the hug.

"I'll miss you more p'" Mew replied as he kissed the man on his cheek and started going down.

"thank you for doing this man" Oat said to Gulf as he patted his shoulder.

"its nothing. I'll be back soon" Gulf said as he pecked his wife and went after Mew.

They didn't say anything to each other for fifty minutes straight as they were going down. They got to the car and got in as Mew drove Oat's car.

"so how is it being a parent?" Mew asked as he tried to strike a conversation.

"its ok."

"what about school?"

"I took a break to work and now I have just resumed my studies"

"that's good news."

"yeah"

"what's the name of your baby?"

"Achara"

"nice name"

"thank you"

They went quiet the whole ride. Mew decided maybe it was best to listen to some music.

It was when Mew was outside his room that he realised Oat had the keys to the room.

"what do we do p'?"

"let me go to the reception and get help. Please wait here"

Mew got to the reception and the hotel stuff came and opened the door with a master key. Mew packed his stuff whilst Gulf waited. He was not supposed to wait. But somehow waiting seemed right. When Mew was done packing his bag and was about to leave, Gulf blocked his path and kissed the side of his lips.

"nong" Mew stepped back

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"-you are married you can't do that"

"I know its just that yesterday you looked so good and you reminded me of the first time I saw you. I just missed you a lot and I don't even know what to do"

Mew sat down on the bed debating on what to do. He didn't want to spoil things between himself and Oat. Their relationship was good. Too perfect even.

He looked at the man in the room with him. He was torn on what to do. He had missed him too. He had waited for a whole year. He had dreamt and fantasized a lot of things. He had wanted to do a lot of things to him when he returned. He looked at the time and he looked at Gulf.

He got up from where he was sitting and moved towards Gulf.

"I have 10 minutes to spare"

"I'll make it count"

They grabbed each other in a heated kiss. Their hands didn't know where to touch. They explored each other's bodies as they moved to the bed.

In the hallway of the same floor, someone was approaching, playing around with the room Key to Mew and Oat's room.

The person unlocked the door and opened but paused peeking inside to check for Mew

There was a mirror on the wall that showed what was going on one side of the bed.

The couple making out rolled over on the bed, too engrossed in their make out session to pay attention to their surroundings.

The person at the door watched the two males in the room through the mirror; closed the door quietly and went back outside.