Chapter 8

Mew saw the couple going inside the house and door closing. He wanted clarity on the scene he just witnessed. He walked back to the house and knocked at the door. Gulf's eyes widened when he saw Mew at the door again.

"P'Mew did you forget something?"

Mew opened his mouth to say something, but someone beat him to it.

"Darling whose at the door?" A lady's voice asked from inside the house.

"My friend. I'll be back soon."

Gulf hurriedly closed the door and took Mew's hand leading him to his car.

Mew allowed himself to be dragged to the car. They got in the car, but Mew wouldn't drive. He was hurt.

"Is that why?"

"Can we go somewhere please." Gulf pleaded as he looked at the side mirrors

Mew drove his car to a nearby park. He got out of the car and went to sit at a bench in the park. Gulf followed him and sat a few meters away from Mew.

"What happened?" Mew asked.

"I don't know." Was Gulf response.

"You couldn't wait for year? You waited for four years before. You waited two years more. Why didn't you wait for one more year when I had promised to come back for you?"

"I wanted to. Trust me I wanted to"

"Then why didn't you? You were all I could think of. Why didn't you tell me not to wait anymore? That you had moved on?"

Something came to Mew right then.

"When did it happen?"

"P'Mew"

"You wouldn't do that right? You wouldn't do that to me right?"

"P'Mew I'm sorry."

Mew didn't know what to feel. Gulf had confirmed his suspicions.

"Why though? Why are you this cruel?"

"I was drunk. I don't know what happened I just woke up the following morning with the girl in my bed."

"The following morning? Which following morning?"

"The night you left..."

Mew got up.

"You had sex the same night we made love? The night I confessed my feelings?"

"I'm sorry."

Mew walked away. He hadn't thought that far. It made sense why Gulf had rejected all his calls and maybe blocked his number.

He went to his car and drove away.

He didn't want to go back to the hotel. It was full of memories and he didn't want to be reminded of that. His wounds were still fresh.

Gulf was left heartbroken for Mew. He had messed up big time. He hadn't meant to. How it all happened escaped his mind. He had no memory of that night whatsoever.

But he had to be responsible.

His father had taught him well.

It had been a month after the Blank Pink concert that his phone rang with an unidentified number. He answered the call praying it was not Mew. He had felt guilty for cheating on him. He had felt disgusted by himself. He wouldn't answer his calls. He was relieved that it hadn't been Mew. It was however a life changing call.

His one-night stand telling him she was pregnant was something he hadn't wanted to hear. He didn't know what to do. It had been a reckless night and one that costed him his life.

His parents were mad at him for not being cautious. They scolded him for a short time. He had to be responsible and they helped him through everything. The girl had moved in with them when she was three months pregnant. Gulf became a 22-year-old father of a premature baby birthed at 7 months.

Everything had happened so fast and he was now commencing his studies after taking a break in his third year. He had to work for the baby. He was lucky his parents had given them some space in their house. Or it would have been worst.

Now Mew was back, and he didn't know what to do. He would never leave his family for him. That was certain and he definitely wouldn't cheat. He felt bad though. He had technically cheated on Mew. He walked home trying to clear his head.

When he got home, he was welcomed by his wife. They had gotten married when she was 5 months pregnant because she didn't want to have the baby without marriage.

"Can you please get the baby. I have to dry the laundry."

"Sure." He said as he got the baby. She was a princess in his eyes. She looked like her mum and got none of his features thankfully. Gulf's father joked that she got her looks from the ladies in the house as she resembled her grandmother too. Gulf didn't see the resemblance but agreed, nonetheless.

Mew was on his way to his house when he was summoned at Elevate 2. The hotel he had avoided going to. There was a visitor waiting for him there.

He couldn't say no. He had to go and see who the visitor was. He turned his car and headed to the hotel. When he got there, he was told they made the person wait in his office because he wouldn't check in until he saw Mew.

Mew went to his office and when he got in, immediately he was embraced in a soothing hug.

"P' Oat" Mew called out softly and he hugged the man back.

"Hey" Oat replied not letting go.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"Why would you come all the way here. Weren't you supposed to come after 2 years?"

"I missed you."

"It's been a week only."

"That's how long I can last without seeing you."

Mew came out of the hug.

"P'" 

"Shhhhhh. I know you have someone waiting for you. Are you officially out of the market now?" He asked as he went to sit down.

Mew sat down in his chair opposite Oat. A sad smile on his face.

"I'm officially in the market now."