章节 7 - 8

Chapter 7: Meeting new people (1)

As the atmosphere between the two girls gets tense, Eunuch Hong didn't have a choice but to interfere with them. He reason out that Xiu Ying's mother might be looking for her so they could leave without princess Hua causing a scene. Eunuch Hong has always been troubled by the second princess than the first princess for their difference in behavior and since Xiu Ying is an important guest to the emperor he can't just stand back on the side, watching the second princess bully the later.

"What? Are you saying that I, Hua gongzhu should forget how this brat acted in front of me? Don't forget your status and get out of my way!"

Of course, Princess Hua wouldn't accept the reason so easily. Xiu Ying knows this well because no matter whether they are in another world or in their past life, Ming Er's behavior would always be the same. Eunuch Hong breathe in calmly, he had been handling this for years every time the second princess would throw tantrums on a whim after not getting what she wanted but he still feel mortified by how the second princess disrespect him. After all, Eunuch Hong is someone who deserved respect after serving beside the emperor ever since he first came to the palace.

"Your highness, this eunuch have been strictly instructed by his majesty to safely guide the lady. Please do understand."

"Oh? So it is like this. Fu Wang is really something." {Fu Wang is what the princesses and princes address their father.}

Xiu Ying and Eunuch Hong's brows furrowed. It was clear that princess Hua is thinking of something else.

"This official's daughter didn't know what's her highness is thinking but for her highness' little information, his majesty is my uncle and I am basically your cousin. Didn't expect your highness, had such dirty mind. How shameful."

"Excuse me?!"

"Your highness may excused." Xiu Ying sarcastically replied and turned to the eunuch. "Eunuch Hong please lead the way to where mu qin and jiu jiu is."

"Yes, my lady. We will go on our way your highness. Have a peaceful morning."

"You– come back here you impudence!"

Princess Hua stomp on her feet in anger at the two dissipating figure. Meanwhile, Eunuch Hong was forcing himself not to laugh. At his age, he didn't expect to be still laughing about the fight between the girls. On the other hand, Xiu Ying just walked ahead without a care for princess Hua who's causing a scene behind them.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arriving at the Wang mansion, Xiu Ying followed her mother all the way to their residential quarter. She was anxious as to what kind of conversation did her mother and the emperor had talked about and if it was regarding the emperor's condition.

"Mu qin how is jiu jiu's condition? What did you two talked about?"

"Xiu'er it's not something for you to worry. Go on ahead to your residence and rest, you must have been tired."

Xiu Ying know something is wrong. Although, her mother is trying to smile in front of her, she knows it when her mother is hiding something. However, Xiu Ying didn't pry any further and obediently returned to her resting area after a few attempt of asking. Meanwhile, Zhou Fei who was left alone in the room waited for her husband to talked about what happened in the palace.

Entering her room, Xiu Ying didn't have any energy left to take a bath and directly fell asleep to her bed, oblivious of the person who is waiting for her all along.

Zhang Bingwen gazed at the person lying on the bed and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle to her lack of awareness. He stood up from his seat and walked silently beside the bed and leaned forward to draped the quilt over her before disappearing from the room as if no one has ever been there aside from Xiu Ying.