章节 3 - 4

Chapter 3: Lantern festival (1)

“Xiu'er mei”

Wang Xiu Ying is having her usual peaceful time in her courtyard when her older brother barge in suddenly and she answered without turning her head to look at him.

“Ge, you're here.”

"Why aren't you dress yet? Aren't you coming with us to watch the lantern festival?"

Without warning, Wang Aiguo grabbed her hand and almost spilled the tea over but Xiu Ying could only lament in her heart after not being able to finish her delicious tea when her brother hurriedly lead her inside her room.

“We will wait for you in the hall. Take your time to dress but not too long.”

He patted her head before walking out of the room and Xiu Ying shake her head helplessly before calling Bai Chen to help her get dressed.

Three years had passed since the day Xiu Ying went to asked her first request from her parents. She remembered them looking at her as if she was possessed when they heard her say that she was ready to take her lessons seriously and participate in the scholarly exam after she turned fifteen. Xiu Ying smiled at the memory, her parents were delighted to know of her plan and had enthusiastically introduced her to her instructors the next day. She had gotten used to place and her new family for the past years and finally she's turning thirteen next month, only two years and she will be fifteen in no time. Xiu Ying had been diligently learning the four arts in her lessons over the past years. In the morning,  she would practice playing the guqin, painting in the afternoon and calligraphy in evening. Whenever her father and brother was home they would play the game “go”, these are the four arts namely, qin, hua, shu and lastly qi.

Three years ago, Xiu Ying had learned that her father in this life is the prime minister which rank that is higher enough to be compared with the power of the emperor. While on the other hand, her mother is the younger sister of the emperor which means no less that Xiu Ying and her brother including the whole family is part of the royalty. She almost had a shock when she first know of it, no wonder the original owner of her body was so arrogant and bad tempered in the past to the point of forming a bad reputation around the capital. The past few years, Xiu Ying had never stepped out of their manor and only sticks on her lessons, books and past time in her courtyard as well as spending her available time with her family that had brought them closer. Today however is an exception, her brother finally could no longer see her being always stocked inside the manor all day long in the whole three years and bugged her since last month to join them in the lantern festival. Xiu Ying more than anything felt very grateful with the love everybody in the household provided her and her family in this lifetime is the best gift she could ever wished for in her whole lifetime.

One thing that Xiu Ying really appreciated was her closeness to her brother, with the time she had spend with her family, she had learned to accept the second life she was given. As for her responsibilities with the other her, she had already fulfilled it when she paved the way to clear her bad reputation slowly and when she made her family happy. Her efforts for changing her behavior had finally paid off and she had captured the hearts of the people inside the manor and brought them in her favor. They were delighted by how their young miss had changed from being a brat to being a lovely kid and kindhearted but what they didn’t know is that their young miss before and now are literally two different person. Nonetheless for them, their young miss has always been the best because not only is their young miss is a born beauty and kind but also very clever. Xiu Ying gets a lot of praise from her family and the servants especially from her father who always proudly say that she will be a great strategist if she were a man and she would always laughed at her father's remark every time.