🥀Prologue 🥀

5th day of the first lunar month, 2020

At a long distance there seem to be some cheerful events in the east street where the household of the renowned Wang family was located. The household was so bright even with such long distance and happy noises could be heard, people who's passing by would be so often curios as to peek what's inside. It was known that the only daughter of the Wang family was infected by the spreading virus,  so these people couldn’t help but think if the young miss had recovered.

Meanwhile, a cold wind sweep across the open window in one of the room in the 'Wang Mansion'. The room was exquisite with all the furniture being extremely luxurious however, contradict to its luxury, a pale girl in her teens was lying on the cold marble floor with a broken cup beside it.

The girl frightfully looked at the person before her, her eyes full of confusion and doubt as she heard the person laughed mockingly.

“I thought you were smart but you are actually dumb! Aiyaa who would have expected that the only child of the Wang family would be infected and would have no chance to live?” The person stood arrogantly before the poor girl, laughing evilly she added. “Dear cousin, just accept your fate and die quickly so I can be introduced as the only heir.”

“W..what did you m..made me d..drink?”

“Oh that? It's just some mild poison to fasten your death. Don’t worry cousin, you will not feel anything. This poison has been specifically bought by Uncle and Auntie so it won’t hurt you and won’t be identified in the autopsy but I doubt there will be any need with that because no one would ever think of touching you for fear of being infected.”

Wang Ming Er leaned forward on the pale girl, “I am the only one who cares for you Ying'er mei so be thankful at least that I am sending you to your death personally alright?”

“Ming… jie..w..why?”

“Why what? Ying'er mei you don’t expect me to stay put while you take all the wealth don’t you?”

Just as the girl was about to answer, a noise came from outside the door and when it opened, the girl's eyes shone with hope. She mustered her breath to call upon the person with all her might, hoping that it would help her however, this person directly went to inspect her cousin.

“Ming Er why do you not wear mask? What if you get infected?”

“Shu shu I’m alright. I just want Ying'er to see my face before she leave.”

“What are you talking about? Your safety is the priority here.”

“Very well shu shu, I will wear it now.”

“That’s my girl.”

The girl bit her lips bleed as she watch her father and cousin being affectionate like father and daughter in front of her. She had slowly lost her hope in getting her father's help however, not long after another person entered the room and it showed her mother. She immediately prepared herself to get help when the same thing happened, just like her father, her mother ignored her and paid no attention.

“Pa, Ma.” 

Hearing the weak voice behind them, they finally turned their head to see Wang Xiu Ying. That's right, the pale girl was no other than Wang Xiu Ying, the only daughter of the Wang family. After awhile of blankly looking at her, the two finally walked a one meter distance from Wang Xiu Ying.

“Ying’er now that we have come to this, just give up. Let us live our life happily without burden, papa and mama will not forget you.”

“Your papa is right. Ying'er you don’t have to worry about us anymore, we have Ming'er now and mama could assure you that she will be a good daughter to us.”

The voice came out gently from the two person in front of her. Wang Xiu Ying could only smile bitterly with the gentleness in their voice, she didn’t expect that the first time she will hear them being gentle to her is the time they ask her to give up her own life as if she isn’t their daughter.

At this moment, Wang Ming Er arrives in front of her as well. Seeing Wang Xiu Ying holding her last breath didn’t make her feel anything but delight. It's as if she was encouraging the other to end her life already. Seeing the reaction on her cousin's eyes, Wang Xiu Ying laughed bitterly. She was really naïve to think that Ming Er have treated her sincerely, she should have known that her reputation was ruined all because of the rumors her despicable cousin had spread.

The reason why Ming Er had come to her everyday was all to seduce her fiancé and convince her to cancel the wedding and take all the blame resulting for her to be discern publicly for so many times. Lastly, the reason why she was held captive not long ago was all because of Ming Er's scheme. Wang Xiu Ying regretted she could only realized everything when it was already too late.

Xiu Ying weakly looked on Ming Er and her parents, “If there's a second life, I don’t want to have anything to do with your rotten family.” with that remark, Wang Xiu Ying finally closed her eyes.