Deal The Cards, One Will Win!

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back!

I am sorry that I did not update soon then I wanted to. I have been terribly busy for the past couple of months, even more. I know we are in a crisis with this virus going around. Hopefully, this chapter will be a relief and peace for you.

I'm working at my summer job, studying for my exam, staying healthy and spending time with my family. The play I was directing had to be postponed because of this virus. Hopefully, we will be back soon.

Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Also, I do not own anything and the songs except my OCs Brie, Amber and Adam.

3RD POV

It was almost midnight at the Masquerade Night Bar. The walls were black with a streak of red. Masquerade masks were hanging above the celling for decorations. Over the bar was a full wide mirror. There was not a lot of costumers tonight. A few stragglers here and there. The barman was helping a costumer with his order. Everyone was drinking merrily and enjoying the night away.

However, there was one customer that wasn't cheerful. At the corner of the bar sat a very distraught Adam. His hair was a mess and his posture was slouched. On his table sat an untouched Bourbon. He was slowly turning his hand on a small box. Inside the box was a ring, an engagement ring. It was the ring that he was going to propose to Brianna. He had everything planned out. Take her enter family out to lunch, ask her to join him in the butterfly garden, and when the moment was right, he will get down on one knee and ask her the question.

Sadly, his plan did not turn out right. Everything went out of proportion. Everyone on edge, arguments here and there. His love having terror in her eyes. However, what she revealed still replays in his mind.

"WILL YOU ALL SHUT UP! I HATE THIS! I AM NOT THE BRIEANNA THAT YOU THINK I AM! I AM BRIEANNA MOLITOR! I WANT TO GO HOME, SO LEAVE ME ALONE," Brieanna screamed out loud.

Adam was at lost for words. Why would she say those things? Has she lost her mind or was the stress getting to her? Why would she say that her name is Brieanna Molitor? All these questions were running in his head.

"Hey buddy, you hardly touched your drink. You ok pal?" The barman asked him.

Adam snapped out of his daze to see the barman looking concerned at him. "Yes sir, I am... alright." He placed the ring back in his pocket as her murmured, "As right as I should be."

The barman sighed before saying, "My shift is over anyway, so let's settle the bill okay?" Adam nodded his head but did not utter a word. The barman looked at Adam closely and said, "Jeez, you're in a bad way ain't you? The worst of the most end up here." He looked but to see another barman walked behind the counter. "Here's the morning shift. Maybe he'll know what to do with you."

Adam chuckled and shook his head. "Yes, what to do with me. That's the question isn't it? That's always been the question. Ever since the beginning when I met her. Maybe now I am seeing this is not my future."

"She looks for passion, I try to give to her. She asks for honesty, would she lie to me, sir. She needs my protection. She knows I am who I am to be. Now the question is, does she even love me?"
Adam sang softly as he stared at his drink.

He thought back the first time he met her. He and his friends were going to this concert they heard about. It was just for laughs, but when he heard her singing and Adam's whole world changed. What he saw was a vision of beauty. There was no one in the room but them. He lost his breath when she looked right at him and gave him a smile. She was an angel sent from heaven. That night, he spent the whole night painting an image of her. He even had the courage to write her poetry. Now he's back into reality. His angel from heaven had disappeared. He was in a dark room and she was gone from his sight. He felt like he was losing everything.

He opened the ring box again and looked at the diamond ring. He felt like crying, but he kept the tears at bay.

"She yearns for higher things. Things I have tried to give her. The rush the music brings, I still try my best to deliver. And even when she sings and soars above me. I try to hold her wings, but does she even love me?"
he sang softly.

He looked at his untouched drink as he closed the ring box and placed it back in his pocket. What a waste of a drink.

"I'm too much in sorrow to even touch this glass. Why am I so confused about this girl? One day she's the love of my life... the next, she's a stranger to me. Leave the hurt behind."

He thought back at the incident at the boat. He took a deep breath and sang, "Since the fall at the boat, it changed her. Now I don't see my angel. I see a stranger. Where is her love? Is this now her life? I feel my heart being plunged by a knife."

Adam slams his head at the table, feeling the pain and despair. "Beneath this mask I wear, there's nothing of me. Just horror, shame, despair. Does she even love me?"

The thought nearly drove Adam to madness and he finally downed the strong drink that had been staring back at him the whole night. Looking back at the new barman who poured him another, Adam sang softly to him. "How about you sir? Tell me what am I to do sir. How can I have my Brieanna back to me? How can I make her mine? Leave the hurt behind."

He finished the second drink, feeling the effects, when the door opened. Walking into the bar was Meg Giry. She was still in her bathing beauty costume, but a light coat hung over her shoulders. She was slightly shivering as she said, "Morning Bernie. Coffee please, black. And hurry up before I freeze."

Adam's head snapped up at the sound of her voice. He had a small smile before saying, "Hello Miss Giry."

Meg turned her head at the sound of his voice. Her eyes widened and a smile pulled at her quivering lips. At the sight of her through slightly drunken eyes, Adam abandoned his drink and walked up to the bathing beauty star.

"Mr. Adam! I'm surprised to see you," she said.

Adam chuckled before smoothing out his hair. "Yes, I um... I needed a place to clear my head. A lot has happened since we last met. I feel like I'm losing it, and I don't know what I should do."

Meg's smile slowly dropped when she realized what he was saying. Brieanna, he he must be talking about Brieanna. Swallowing her sudden jealousy, Meg smiled softly and said, "I'm sorry. I wish there was something I can do."

She thanked Bernie for the coffee and slowly turned to leave. Adam thought for a moment before saying, "Would you care if I walked you home? It's passed midnight and it's not safe to walk alone."

Meg turned her head and said, "I am a big girl, Mr. Adam. I can take care of myself." After a few minutes, Meg smiled and replied, "However, I would be remiss if I turned a friend down from escorting me home."

From that instant, something lifted Adam's spirits. He walked back to his table to grab his hat and coat. Just as he placed his hat on his head, Raoul walked right into the bar.

"Adam, there you are," Raoul said as he rushed to his friend.

Adam was shocked to see his friend rushing towards him. Even Meg was surprised to see Raoul in this state. He looked like he ran a marathon. Sadly, Raoul still had dark circles under his eyes from the stress or being Brie's manager and trying to figure out a way to protect his family from the phantom.

"Raoul, what are you doing here," asked Adam.

"What am I doing here, what are you doing here? Where the hell have you been? Christine and I were worried. I never expect you to be here in all places."

Adam glared at Raoul and replied, "If you were so worried about me, why is Brieanna not with you?"

Raoul looked confused at his friend. "Adam, what's wrong? Have you been drinking?"

Adam's anger did not die down. "Don't act innocent! You know I was going to propose to her, but you and Christine scared her away! All you did was pressure her about this Mr. Y and that he might be-"

"Don't say his name," hissed out Raoul. "We are trying to protect her! If that monster is really here, then he will try to take her away like he tried so long ago. If you really do love her, then you would want to keep her safe," Raoul tried to explain.

Now Adam was mad. He walked right up to Raoul's face and said, "How dare you! I fell in love with her the moment I saw her! Who was there to comfort her when she had nightmares of the fire at the opera house? Me. Who protected her when those horrible newspapers were slamming her reputation? Me! Who was there to distract her while you were dealing with your debt because of your mistake?"

Raoul's face went red with fury. He remembered how heartbroken Christine was when she realized that almost all their money was gone. He felt guilty when Brieanna said she could help them save the house and pay the debt.

"Don't you dare say that," Raoul hissed out. "I am trying to change and help my family, which includes Brieanna."

"Well, you should have thought of her before you put all your money on the roulette tables. How responsible you are." Adam moved away from Raoul and walked to Meg apologetically. "My apologies you had to see that."

"It's alright." Meg looked at Raoul over Adam's shoulder and said, "Why don't you wait outside for me? I need to check on something for a moment." Adam nodded his head before walking out of the bar. Raoul thank the barman for his beer and took a deep breath. Meg's smile dropped and turned back to Raoul. "Hello again sir."

Raoul turned around to see Meg behind him. He felt shocked and slightly embarrassed. "Miss Giry, I did not realize you were here. I apologies for my behavior. It's been a stressful couple of days."

Meg glared at him and crossed her arms. "You should never have come to America."

Raoul looked at Meg in shock. "Miss Giry, what are you implying?"

"It's not a place for people like you and Christine; especially not Brieanna. It's too easy to forget who you are and where you belong. That's why mother says you must leave here. Now. Take your wife, your sister-in-law and the boy and go," she hissed out.

Now Raoul can see clearly and understand. Meg knows about him. Of course, she does. Could she work for him?

"Leave? But what about Saturday? The concert, the money," he said as he marched up to the girl. "Am I to just run away? From him?"

"I am telling you sir; you need to leave this place. HE is watching." Grabbing her coat, she sang in a haunting melody to him. "Sail across the sea. Put us out of mind. Close your eyes and flee. Let yourself stay blind. Leave this place behind."

Raoul was stunned at this. He was speechless as he watched Meg walk out of the bar with Adam by her side. What has become of that girl? He remembered a sweet innocent ballet dancer at the opera house ten years ago. Now, he didn't even recognize her at all. Raoul snapped back into reality when he realized what Meg had said.

He ground his teeth as he called out, "Miss Giry! I'm not afraid of him! I've bested him before! And if he ever had the courage to meet me face to face, man to man! I am not afraid of that monster."

Raoul turned to the bar to get himself a drink. He grabbed a beer, but almost dropped his glass when the barman swiftly turned around. Standing right in front of him was the nightmare that haunted his family so long ago, the Phantom of the Opera. Erik was steaming mad. He had overheard everything. What made his blood boiling mad was that boy, Adam, was going to propose to his Brieanna. Adam was not here, so Erik couldn't use his friend now. However, the fop who was a thorn to his side was perfect. Erik's eye narrowed and his knuckles tightened. Hell will freeze over if Brie is gone from him again.

Raoul took a step back as he said weakly, "No...no, it can't be!"

Erik gave him a mocking wave before saying, "Not afraid of me, you say?"

Taking a deep breath, Raoul narrowed his eyes and said firmly, "Stay back, or I'll kill you I promise you!"

Rushing around the bar, Erik stood in front of Raoul like a stand-off. "You insolent boy! Of course, as you say you've beaten me before. But that was a long time ago, Vicomte, and we were playing a different game."

Glaring at the phantom, Raoul said sternly, "She is my sister-in-law. I will protect her from you. I won't let you kidnap her and make her your puppet. She doesn't and never will belong to you!"

Erik chuckled at the statement. After ten years, this boy hadn't changed. Trying to be the so-called hero. "You really think she would choose your side? You are sadly mistaken," Erik said.

"Look at you. Stress and tired. Manger from hell. Losing faith in family,"
sang Erik, stepping closer towards Raoul. "Shall we two make a bet? Devil take the hindmost."

Raoul glared at Erik insulting him. Nevertheless, if Erik thought he could shake Raoul with affront words, well game on.

"Look at you. Foul as sin, hideous, horrible,"
he spat out, leaning towards the phantom. Raoul also walked slowly forward and had a smirk on his face. "Call the stakes, deal me in. Devil take the hindmost."

Standing straight and tall, Erik sang out boldly, "Our Brieanna shall choose tonight."

Raoul smiled confidently as he replied, "Let her choose."

"Will she choose to be with you or is she mine?"

"Draw the line."

"If she sings, you lose tonight,"
Erik stated with great confidence. He knew Brie would sing, so he would win this bet.

Raoul however showed his own confidence. As Brie's brother and manager, he could easily convince her not to sing and they can find another venue for her to sing. This was his bet to win.

"I won't lose,"
he sang out strongly.

"You, Christine and that Adam leave from here."

"Fine!"

Using his hand as to make a trick, Erik chanted sweetly, "Disappear."

Raoul narrowed his eyes and grid his teeth. "Fine! And if she won't, if I win?"

"All your debts, wiped away."

Raoul glared as he pointed his finger at Erik. Oh no, that's not the only thing he was betting on.

"And you must never see Brieanna again. Never to go near her and you will vanish forever,"
Raoul exclaimed.

Erik's eyes widen with shock. Never see his angel again! Glaring at the floor with anger as he felt his heart stop cold. Should he make this bet? If he loses, Brie will be gone. She might even be sent back to her time and she will be gone from him forever. No, he would never make this bet... but he was in a tough spot. Erik was already on a roll. He couldn't get out of this. He would win. He knew Brie would sing. He had two days to make sure she would sing.

Taking a deep breath, Erik sang harshly, "Very well Vicomte. If you win, not only will you be debt free, but Brieanna will be... free from me."

"I agree, let's begin,"
sang Raoul triumphantly as he held his hand out to seal the deal.

Raoul and Erik shook their hands as they sang together, "Devil take the hindmost."

Their handshake was held tighter by the minute. In a swift moment, they yanked each other closer. You can see the tension between these two men. They looked like they wanted to kill each other or try to prove who is the big man.

Raoul glared at Erik and spat out, "You think you have the odds. You think you're in control. You think you've fixed the dice. Well I will gladly roll. I'll bet against the house. I'll even double down."

The Phantom's eyes were locked in a furious glared as he hissed out at his nemesis, "Our whole game, it's been changed. Every throw, riskier. All the rules, rearranged. Fate has re-designed most."

Raoul sneered as he shoved Erik away from him. "Fortune's on my side. I've known her long ago! I've saved her from you then. I'll wager even now." He straightened his tie that Erik messed up with as he continued to sing, "She will choose family and not you again. And when the game is done."

Erik stepped away as he straightened his vest and his wig. He tried to remain calm. He looked back at Raoul to see the manager's grip on one of the bar's chair was white. Surely Raoul's anger was getting the best of him. When he saw Erik's smirk, Raoul knocked over the chair. It slammed to the floor with a loud bang. Fortunately, the chair was not broken.

Erik stood tall as he sang in a clear voice, "Cut the deck, let us play. Roll the die, once again. In the end, either way!"

"Devil take the hindmost!"
They sang together in the same tone of voice. "Now Brieanna shall choose at last. Will she choose you or me?"

Raoul walked around Erik before singing, "I tell you; she hates you. I have known her longer than you." He smirked thinking he won the bet as he started walking towards the door. "She is the same Brieanna Daee and will always choose her family."

Erik glared at Raoul before a thought came to his mind. His eyes light up, remembering Brie's secret. That fool doesn't know this Brieanna as he says. "Are you sure?"

Raoul's hand was on the doorknob but stopped his movement. Those three words made his body freeze. Does the Phantom know something? "What?" he asked hesitantly.

"Are you so sure?"

"What do you mean?" Raoul spun around to see Erik's back was towards him.

Slowly turning around to face the fop, Erik smirked as he intoned out, "Such a girl, strong and true. Different, musical."

Raoul was even more confused now. He took a cautious step as he slowly asked, "What the hell are you talking about?"

With an evil grin, Erik sang proudly and taunted, "Are you sure she's the same Brieanna? Or is she out of this time? Can it be she's not Christine's actual sister? Is she really your sister as you say?"

Raoul gasped and was in shock! No, what is he saying? That his Little Lette is an imposter? He was about to deny this claim when he remembered what happened at the café. What Brie had revealed what she had stated. Is this true? No, the phantom is trying to make him lose concentration and faith.

Shaking his head, he glared at Erik and shouted out, "You lie! She is Christine's sister! She is the real Brieanna Daee!"

Chuckling, Erik shakes his head and said, "Yet you doubt. You doubt Brieanna. She told me her secret. Yet, you claim she will always choose family. Did she tell you the truth?"

Grinding his teeth, Raoul walked around Erik and shook his head with despair. He turned around and said, "I call your bluff; the game is on. And we will see, who wins out. Once and for all."

"Deal the cards, let them fall. Choose your hand, try your best. He who wins."

Glaring and snarling like jungle cats, they sang in unison, "Wins it all! Devil take the hindmost."

Raoul unrolled up his sleeves and grabbed his coat that hanged on a chair. "I call your bluff; the game is on. And we will see, who wins out. Once and for all."

Together, they sang for the last time, "Wins it all! Devil take the hindmost!"

Instantly, Erik reached out and grabbed Raoul by the neck. This action caused Raoul to lean his back on the bar. He immediately grabbed Erik's wrist, try to loosen the phantom's grip on his neck. Raoul was a little bit nervous. He knew this man would kill him in a second. He had a flashback at the cemetery ten years ago. He even remembered he almost died at the Phantom Lair. Raoul recalled the sword slicing his arm and the rope tightening around his neck. He tried to breathe calmly, but it was hard with the pressure around his neck.

Erik glared down at his arch enemy as he hissed out, "She walks, you all are free to go. She can be with that boy Adam." He squeezed Raoul's neck, making him groan and gag. Getting closer to his face, Erik hissed out, "Pockets full, debts paid. I will disappear and never to go near her again. She sings..." He released Raoul, making him fell to his knees as he messaged his swollen throat. Raoul looked up as Erik said darkly, "You leave alone and Brieanna is mine!"

Raoul's eyes widened when a mist came into the bar. He blinked but was in shock to see that Erik was gone. He felt a chill go down his spine as he heard Erik's voice sang out, "Devil take the hindmost."

Seeing the coast was clear, Raoul slowly stood up. He continued to massage his throat, but suddenly realized what had happened. He did it again! He went back to gambling. What's worse, he gambled on his sister-in-law.

"My god, what have I done? I just made a stupid bet on Little Lette. I could lose her and never see her again." He looked at the calendar behind the bar to see it was Thursday. He instantly remembered that the concert was in two days. There's still time! He could convince Brie to leave and not sing! "I have to stop her! I need to get her away from that monster."

Pulling the rest of his coat on, he ran out of the bar to find either Brie or Christine. Without him knowing, Erik came back in from a hidden door. He smirked as he saw the fop ran for his life. He looked at his pocket watch to see that in a couple of hours, it would be time for Brie's next music lesson. He will have his angel of music. But first, he needed to figure out how to make sure Brie could stay in this time and not go back to hers... even if it meant she would never see her real family again.

Oh boy, Adam was going to propose to Brie, Meg is jealous, and Erik and Raoul betted on Brie. This is getting intense! Sorry, no Brie in this chapter. However, Brie and Erik will be back together in the next chapter.

How do you like the twist I did with both songs? Devil Takes the Hindmost gives me chills.

Again, sorry for the wait. Sadly, the next chapter will take some time so please have patience with me. The next update will be my "My Magical Wish" story and then I will be back with "Red Rose Nightmare." Stay safe, keep health, and pray! Do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and until then...

Grapejuice101