"Yes." She replied.

"We need to get you somewhere safer." I told her. "I have to go check a couple more stores and a few of the houses, if I find anyone I will send them here and you all wait for me. Okay?"

I heard a noise behind me and Mrs. Underwood smiled.

"I'm sorry Laurell." She said.

I turned around and seen three guys I went to school with make their way towards me.

"Just give us your pack and the keys to your vehicle. You can keep your hunting knife on your side but we want the rest of your weapons." Billy, the biggest said.

I looked at them and out the corner of my eye I looked over at railing. I decided to take my chances. I took off running and when I got to the railing, I put my hands on it and jumped over the side, landing on my feet. Billy and the other two with him started cussing and started shooting at me. I did the same thing I did on my way in, I weaved in and out of the isles, doing a zig-zag pattern so I wouldn't get shot. I burst through the back door and continued to run, then ducked in an alley between the two stores a block down. I hit behind a dumpster and when I thought I was caught, a door opened behind me and a hand slipped over my mouth as I was dragged into the building.

Once inside the building the person that grabbed me, let me go long enough to lock the back door and turn around to me.

"Laurell!" I heard Will yell in my ear piece.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Jace Emerson." He replied.

"You're not from around here." I said. "What are you doing here?"

"You're right. I am not from around here. My brother and I made our way here from Denver Colorado about three weeks ago. We have been looking for a woman. You see, my brother and I use to serve in the Navy SEALS but got honorably discharged and we decided we wanted to be cops, to help the people here at home. We climbed the ladder and are now detectives, well, we were until this outbreak." He said as he watched me.

He is a gorgeous man. He is six foot five inches, give or take an inch. He has black hair and curly, it undercut style. It was long at the top and shaved on the sides. He had it slicked back a little bit to keep it out of his face and he had light brown eyes. He was pretty muscular and he had on a pair of tight black jeans, a pair of black boots, a brown skin tight t-shirt and a black leather jacket that was unzipped. His badge was hanging from a chain around his neck and was at the center of his chest. He noticed me checking him out and smiled. His smile was gorgeous. He had perfect white teeth and nice, kissable lips.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked.

"I think they are looking for you Lo. You need to get away from him." I heard Ben say. "I did a check on him. He served with Jake. Get away from him."

"We were looking for you." Jace said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, my brother and I served with your husband." Jace relpied.

"Ex-husband." I told him.

"Yes. Ex. Since we served with him, we thought we'd do him a favor and help him find you. All he had was a number for you, he said he wasn't able to get anymore information on you. Like you just disappeared off the map. With his child." He told me.

"Ha. Is that what he said?" I asked rhetorically. "You don't know the whole story and right now, I don't have time for this. Thank you for helping me out back there but I have to go, I have to go round up as many survivors as I can before heading back for the night."