Chapter 12: Suited For Success

In Carousel Boutique, Rarity was currently gathering fabric for her new gown for the Grand Galloping Gala.

Rarity: Oh, Opalescence. Can't you just picture it? Moi, stepping out in a stunning new gown at the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot!

Rarity's cat Opalescence was sleeping on the piece of fabric that Rarity needed as Rarity swipes it off making Opal fall to the floor as she let's out a meow and walks to where she sees another piece of fabric that she can sleep on. That meow however made Rarity think that her cat is talking about her.

Rarity: Why, yes! I did make it myself. Thank you so much for asking.

Opal then sleeps on another piece of fabric as Rarity also grabs that piece of fabric and starts sewing while Opal let's out a small growl.

Rarity: Oh, Opal, of course you can help me. Thank you.

Rarity puts Opal on a nearby counter and makes her hold a pin cushion which she just let out an annoyed meow.

Rarity: What's that? You want to help me more? Oh, aren't you the sweetest thing?

Rarity then makes Opal hold a ton of objects that she needed which included a bunch of yarn, some scissors, glue, and measuring tape which she meowed at and Opal had to balance in order to carry all of the supplies.

Rarity: Careful now. Don't move. This shouldn't take long at all. 

Meanwhile, outside of Carousel Boutique, Twilight and (Y/N) were walking towards the boutique together.

(Y/N): So what are you going to see Rarity for again, Twilight?

Twilight Sparkle: I'm hoping Rarity can fix a button on my dress for the Grand Galloping Gala.

Twilight opens her saddlebag to reveal a red dress in it.

(Y/N): Huh. No offense Twilight, but are you sure you want to wear that? It looks kind of plain to me.

Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, I'm sure.

(Y/N): You know you could also ask Rarity to make you a dress for the gala. I actually came to see if she could make me a suit for the gala.

Twilight Sparkle: Really?

(Y/N): Yeah, I know nothing about fashion and if there's one pony in Ponyville who does, it's Rarity.

Twilight Sparkle: Well, that is true. Anyways, we're here.

Twilight and (Y/N) then enter Carousel Boutique and they both looked around to see that she wasn't inside.

Twilight Sparkle: Huh? That's weird. Aren't these her normal business hours?

(Y/N): Yeah, but she's not here. Maybe she's working on something upstairs.

(Y/N) and Twilight walk upstairs and opened the door to Rarity's workroom to see her working on a dress while wearing red glasses.

(Y/N): Hey Rarity.

Rarity: Shh!

(Y/N): Oh sorry.

Twilight Sparkle: Can't you see she's trying to concentrate?

(Y/N): Yeah. I guess I was right when I said that she's working on a dress.

Twilight Sparkle: I wonder what it's for.

(Y/N): I don't know, maybe it's something big.

Rarity got annoyed with both of them talking a bit too loud as she stopped focusing on the dress and turned towards (Y/N) and Twilight with a forced smile.