Chapter 12: Jaundice Part 2

Teams JNPR and RWBY plus Omni sit in Professor Oobleck's-

Oobleck(appears next to the author): IT'S DOCTOR!

Zap: How the heck did you get in here!?(kicks out Oobleck and stares at the hole in the fourth wall) Great, my second story and I already have to fix this wall!

Timeskip(brought to you by Zap, me, freezing time and fixing the fourth wall)

Teams JNPR and RWBY plus Omni sit in Doctor Oobleck's class. Jaune is sleeping. The students turn their heads to follow the eccentric Prof- Doctor

Oobleck(zipping around the room in front of the class): Yes! Yes, prior to the Fanus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Fanus population in Menagerie.

Oobleck stops for a second to drink, whatever it is he drinks (A.N. seriously, does anyone know what is in that cup?)

Oobleck(moving around in random directions): Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!(sips drink) Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Faunus students, including Velvet, raise their hands. Omni raises his hand while glancing at Weiss, who looks ashamed, before glaring at Cardin.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!(sips violence) I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?

Weiss raises her hand almost immediately.

Oobleck: Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle.

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Cardin flicks a piece of paper at Jaune, causing the leader of JNPR to wake up with a "Hey!". This, unfortunately, caught the good doctor's attention.

Oobleck(appearing in front of Jaune): Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uh... the answer... the advantage of the Faunus... had over that guy's stuff...

Jaune leans around Oobleck to see Pyrrha and Omni making gestures. Pyrrha makes circles over her eyes and Omni makes his eyes glow while pointing at them.

Jaune: Um, binoculars!

The Nikos siblings sigh and facepalm as the students laugh at Jaune. Omni removes his hand from his face and glares at the laughing Cardin.

Oobleck(zips to behind his desk): Very funny, Mr. Arc. Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin(while putting feet up on a desk and glancing at Omni): Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Omni growls, but restrains himself from throwing one of Assassin's Blades at Cardin. Pyrrha rests a hand on her little brother's shoulder.

Pyrrha: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Pyrrha(calmly): Yes, you just insulted my brother. I also have the answer. It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Cardin growls.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the General was captured.

Blake then nods to Omni, who smiles at her,

Omni(grinning at Cardin): Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Cardin stands up and glares at a grinning Omni.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat.

Jaune laughs at Cardin, until Oobleck appears in front of him.

Oobleck: You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings. Now! Moving on!

Timeskip(brought to you by Omni laughing while shadestepping around a pissed-off, mace-wielding Cardin Winchester)

Teams JNPR and RWBY plus Omni walk out of Doctor Oobleck's class. Pyrrha stops behind her team.

Pyrrha: You go on ahead, I'll wait for Jaune.

Ren and Nora walk away, but Omni stays standing in front of his sister.

Omni: You sure Pyr?

Pyrrha: Yes, Omni. I'll be fine.

Omni: Okay.

Omni walks off after his friends, only to stop and hide behind a corner. He watches as Jaune leaves Oobleck's class, only to be pushed down by Cardin. Omni glares at Cardin, who doesn't see him, and then watches Pyrrha drag Jaune away.

Omni chuckles and decides not to follow.