Chapter 4/5: The First Step Parts 1&2

It is morning and all of the Beacon initiates are preparing for the day, or at least most of them.

Omni lays in his sleeping bag, dead to the world. Almost nothing will wake him up, Archive, who is floating around his Guardian, knows from experience. There's only three things that can wake Omni when he's in a non-threatening environment. Pyrrha, who was off getting ready. The smell of food, the mess hall isn't close enough. And loud noises, which is what Archive is working on right now.

Archive: OMNI NIKOS! WAKE UP THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!

Omni screams and with seconds is standing on his sleeping bag with Phoenix Rage, extended into war axe form, ready to strike any hostiles.

He groans and puts away Phoenix when he hears Archive howling with laughter.

This the scene that Pyrrha, who was going to wake up Omni, walks in on.

Omni: Morning Pyr.

Pyrrha: Good morning Omni. It's about time you woke up, initiation starts in a few hours.

Omni: What!?

With that, the wolf fanus runs off, reappearing a minute later in his usual attire. Pyrrha and Omni then go to eat breakfast before heading to their lockers.

Omni is currently polishing, sharpening, and checking over his weapons while Pyrrha watches. At least that is until she is approached by one Weiss Schnee.

Weiss: So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you would like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well known individual, such as yourself.

Pyrrha: I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may.

Weiss: Well, I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together.

Pyrrha: Well...

Before Pyrrha can give her answer, a piece of Deadeye rolls up to her feet. Not looking up from his equipment, Omni calls out to his sister.

Omni: Oi! Could you please hand me that part at your feet? A part of my gun, Deadeye, rolled away while I was cleaning the other parts.

Pyrrha picks up the part and tosses it to Omni, who catches the part effortlessly and swiftly puts his gun back together. Omni then quickly attaches his weapons while walking up to Pyrrha, never once noticing Weiss.

Omni: Thanks.

Weiss seems shocked by Omni's sheer lack of formality with Pyrrha, who is, to Weiss, a champion in tournament combat.

Weiss: Do you have any idea who you're talking to!?

Omni and Pyrrha don't have any time to say anything as Weiss continues.

Weiss: This is Pyrrha. Pyrrha graduated top of her class at Sanctum. She's won the Mistral Regional Tournament four years in a row, a new record. 

Seeing the seemingly blank look on Omni's face, Weiss keeps ranting while waving her arms around in frustration.

Weiss: She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box!

Omni(trying to keep a strait face): I know, Pyrrha's my sister.

Weiss just stares at Omni, trying to comprehend what he just said. Omni, on the other hand, bursts out laughing at Weiss' reaction.

Weiss(regaining her composure): How!? You're just a fanus, Pyrrha is a champion.

Pyrrha seems upset by that, but Omni speaks before she can.