The Grim Grotto Part 2

Look away, look away
This show will wreck your evening , your whole life, and your day
Every single episode is nothing but dismay
So, look away
Look away, look away

♪Y/N, Charlie, and Baudelaires are deep below the surface of the sea
Hoping to avoid Count Olaf's horrid company
But of course he finds them and of course it's very awful
This show's so grim it really ought to be unlawful

Just look away,
Look away—
There's nothing but horror and inconvenience on the way
Ask any stable person, "Should I watch?" and they will say:
Look away
Look away, look away

Y/N's POV

"Fiona, what do we do?" I asked. 
"I don't know, I..." Fiona trailed. 
"Are you going to go with him?" I asked. 
"I...well...he's my brother," Fiona stammered. 
"Look. I understand. He's family. But, sometimes you have to think about what's right," I said. 
"But, what happened to family comes first?" Fiona asked. I then looked to Charlie who was gave me a grim nod. 
"You're right. But, are you sure this is what you want?" I asked. Fiona gave a firm nod. 
"Positive," she reassured me. 
"Okay. Then, I trust you."
We stood for a solid moment. 
"We should do a cautious sweep of the Queequeg. It's been silent for moments now," Fiona said. 
"Good idea. Charlie come with me," I said. Charlie nodded and the three of us split up. 

Charlie and I did a sweep of the submarine. Everyone was gone. No sign of the Baudelaires or even Count Olaf. I looked out the window and saw we were attached to a submarine that looked like an octopus. 
I was scared. Scared for the Baudelaires. I hoped they were alive and that Count Olaf or the Medusoid Mycelium didn't harm them. 
Charlie and I found Fiona in the Captain's headquarters. 
"They're gone," I told Fiona. 
"I know. Thank you for doing the sweep," Fiona thanked me.
"Uh-huh. What are you doing?" I asked. 
"I'm trying to see if I can find someway to get the Queequeg detached from the other submarine and find a safe route out of the grotto," Fiona replied. 
"Sounds like a plan," I said. 

"-Y/N! Fiona," came a familiar voice in a distressed tone. I turn around to see Klaus carrying Sunny in a diving suit and Violet not trailing far behind. 
"Baudelaires," I said, my voice full of relief. I went and hugged the Baudelaires and then noticed something was wrong with Sunny. 
"-Baudelaires, what's going on?" Fiona asked. 
"We need your help," said Klaus in a very panicked tone. 
"We encountered the Medusoid Mycelium in the grotto. Sunny's been infected, with its spores" Violet explained briskly. 
"We need to find an antidote. She's getting worse," Klaus said. 
"How did you escape? Did you find the sugar bowl?" Fiona asked. 
"It's at the surface with someone we trust," said Violet as the six of us left the headquarters. 
"We didn't escape. Olaf's henchman let us get away, the one with hooks," Klaus explained. Seems, I may have underestimated Fernald just a little bit. 
"Where is he?" Fiona asked. 
"He's distracting Olaf, but we got away. Can you help us save Sunny?" Klaus pleaded. 
"Aye. She who hesitates is lost," Fiona replied as she led us back to the library. She grabbed a book and opened it up. Sunny was placed in a chair. 
"Charlie, rub circles on Sunny's back to loosen the phlegm," I instructed. Charlie nodded and approached Sunny and started rubbing circles on her back. 
"This is where I read about the Medusoid Mycelium," Fiona said as she started flipping through the book. 
"Hurry," Violet pleaded as Sunny's cough started to intensify. 
"Chapter 40, The Gorgonian Grotto," Fiona said once she flipped to a different chapter. Klaus then started to read it. 
"The fast-acting poison makes the mushroom extremely volatile," Klaus read.
"Does it say anything about a cure?" I asked. 
"Currently Very Fancy Doctors are searching for an antidote at a facility near Lousy Lane, but have not come up with a cure yet," Klaus read. I sighed, frustratedly.
"Very Fancy Doctors. V.F.D.," Violet pointed out. 
"It's an old book. Maybe V.F.D. have found a cure by now," Fiona suggested. 
"Could we send a Volunteer Factual Dispatch? A telegram" asked Violet.
"My telegraph was smashed when Olaf searched the sub," Fiona replied. 
"We can repair it," Violet reassured. 
"Hang on, Sunny. We're close, I promise,"  said, Klaus, trying to reassure his little sister as he continued to search through the book. It broke my heart to see Sunny in such pain. She was like a sister to me and I was not going to let a fatal fungus kill her. Charlie continued to rub circles on her back. 
"The machine isn't broken too badly. We can use tape," said Violet.
"And pliers," said Fiona. 
"And library paste," they said in unison. 
"There's an annotation in the margin," said Klaus as he approached Fiona and Violet. 
"What does it say?" I asked as I approached them as well.
"Well, it's a poem. Is dilution simple? But of course. Just one small dose of root of horse. Dilution is another word for antidote, said Klaus.
"But, horses don't have roots," said Fiona.
"Plants do. Plants are often used to make antidotes," said Violet. 
"Then, it's not just a poem, it's a riddle. Root of horse. Horseradish," I said.  
The Baudelaires and I ran to the kitchen to search the cupboards. 
"Gum! There's nothing in this cupboard but boxes of gum!" Violet exclaimed.
"I found the spice rack, but there's no horseradish. Just a lot of wasabi and tarragon," said Klaus. 
"I'll search the fridge," I said. Fiona and the Baudelaires came with me. 
"Lemon-lime soda. Gorgonzola cheese. Wait, Violet, look," I said, pointing to a cake that was labeled: "Happy Birthday Violet" 
"Your birthday," said Klaus.
"I forgot," Violet said, starting to cry. 
"Sunny didn't. That must be the surprise she, Charlie, and Phil were cooking up," said Klaus. I felt horrible. If only I had known. 
Violet shook her head and put the cake back in the fridge. 
"We can't lose Sunny. We can't lose her," she sobbed as she closed the fridge and walked back to Sunny. 
I started to cry too. Sunny was dying and we couldn't find the antidote. 
"We've researched an antidote, but only horseradish can save you," Klaus said, his voice shaking with fear. 
"There's no horseradish in the kitchen," Violet sobbed. 
Sunny babbled something, but we couldn't understand her. We then barely heard her when she said "Wasabi," ever so clearly and not in a babble. 
My eyes widened. 
"We may not have found an antidote. But, we have a substitute. Klaus, didn't you find wasabi in the the spice rack?" I asked. Klaus nodded and he went to the spice rack and grabbed the wasabi.