The Ersatz Elevator Part Two

(No video)

♪ Look away, look away ♪
♪ This show will wreck your evening your whole life and your day ♪
♪ Every single episode is nothing but dismay ♪
♪ So look away Look away, look away ♪

♪ Y/N and the Baudelaires are taken in by people who are rich,♪
♪ But Olaf has a plan that's going off without a hitch,♪
♪ It's a race against the clock to rescue their two kidnapped friends,♪
♪ You'll need rescuing yourself before this grim tale ends♪

♪ Just look away, look away ♪
♪ There's nothing but horror and inconvenience on the way ♪
♪ Ask any stable person "Should I watch?" and they will say ♪
♪ Look away, look away, look away ♪
♪ Look away, look away ♪

Y/N's POV

"You found us!" Duncan exclaimed.
"I'm so happy to see you guys," said Isadora. 
"I'm happy to see you too," I said with a smile.
"How did you find us?" Isadora asked. 
"It was Klaus' idea," said Violet. 
"It was Violet's invention," said Klaus. 
"Do you think you can pick this lock?" Klaus asked Violet. 
"Not without any tools. I wish I could see what's down here," said Violet. 
"Try this," Isadora said handing Klaus the other half of the spyglass. "Y/N, get yours out too. It would make the job go faster," Isadora said. I nodded and got mine out of my pocket. Klaus gave it to Violet and she put the two pieces together.
"See the markings? If you line them up..." said Duncan.
And give it a half-turn counterclockwise," said Isadora as Violet and I both did so, it turned on a light. "We learned that in The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations," said Isadora. 
"You found the book," Klaus asked in an excited tone. 
"Right before we were kidnapped. We took as many notes as we could. We may be kidnap victims, but I'm still a journalist," said Duncan as he took out a small notebook.
" We've learned many haunting secrets," said Isadora. 
"About our parents. And your parents, too," said Duncan. 
"Anything about my parents?" I asked. 
"Nothing specific. But, you guys were right. Everything is connected," said Isadora.
"Well, what did you learn?" asked Klaus. There was a thudding heard from upstairs. We had to hurry. 
"You can tell us when you're safe," said Violet.
"We heard Count Olaf's plan. He's going to hide us in one of the items at the In Auction and sneak us out of the city tomorrow," Isadora said, worriedly. 
"No, he's not. You're coming with us, right now," said Klaus. 
"I think it's an electromagnetic circuit. It's not just light, it's heat," said Violet as she fidgeted with the spyglass. I started to mimick what she was doing so she and I can be on the same page. 
"I wonder..." Violet trailed as the light turned a light shade of red. 
"The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations said the spyglass can be used for all sorts of things," said Duncan.
"Maybe it can melt the lock," Violet said. 
Violet and I then aimed our spyglasses at the lock. The lock started to jiggle as it started heat up. Violet and I both jerked away from the lock as we felt the temperatures of the spyglass overheat. 
"Did it melt?" Isadora asked. 
"No. It just got hotter," said Klaus. 
"It's not gonna work.Our spyglasses are overheating," said Violet.
"If we continue to apply heat the the spyglass, the metal and the glass from the spyglass will explode and hurt all of us," I interjected. 
"There must be something else down here you can use," said Klaus. 
"Can you hand me that newspaper?" asked Violet. Duncan picked up a newspaper that was lying down on the ground of the cage and handed it to Violet. Violet lifted the newspaper and turned on the spyglass. She let go of the paper and the paper started to float. 
"Heat rises," said Violet. 
"What?" Klaus asked. 
"We have to go back to that penthouse," said Violet.
"You're leaving?" Duncan panicked. 
"We're gonna find something there to get you out. Can you gather the handkerchief as tight as you can?" asked Violet. 
" I see what you mean. Heat rises," said Klaus as he grabbed.
"And so will we," I said as I started gathering the handkerchief.
"Sunny and I should stay here with the Quagmires," Klaus said. 
"No, Klaus. Help your sister," said Isadora. 
"Maybe I should stay," I said. 
"No, Y/N. Help the Baudelaires. Just please come back soon," said Isadora. 
"We will," I said. 
"We promise," said Violet. She placed the spyglass inside of the handkerchief it started to rise up.
"You saved us at Prufrock. We'd be in Olaf's clutches if not for you," said Violet.
"So I'm sure you know," said Klaus.
"What?" asked Isadora.
"What friends are for," I said as the handkerchief started to lift us up. The Quagmires smiled at us as we lifted higher and higher. We looked down at the Quagmires as we were reaching higher levels. 
"Let's hope we make it to the top before the Squalors and CountOlaf get home from lunch," said Violet.
"Can you smell smoke?" asked Klaus. I sniffed the air and looked up. 
"The handkerchief is burning," said Violet.
"The fabric is burning. The heat is too intense. Violet moderate the temperature to the point where we still rise, but not so much that it burns," I said.  Violet nodded and started to fidget with the knobs on the spyglass. 
"That sounds like very specific temperature," Klaus said in a panicked tone. 
"How far from the top are we?" Violet asked. Klaus looked up. 
"Not close enough," said Klaus. 
"How high up from the ground are we?" asked Violet Klaus looked down and went he looked to Violet he looked extremely nervous and didn't say a thing. 
"I'm gonna fix this," said Violet. She then turned off the heat. We started to fall. Klaus started to scream as he held on to me for dear life. Klaus and I held each other, him screaming, me clenching my eyes closed as I heard the knobs of the spyglass. Klaus's screams echoed  in the shaft.
"If I keep turning it off and on it might stabalize," said Violet over Klaus's screams as the balloon caught itself and stopped falling due to Violet turning on the temperature. Klaus let out one last scream. I opened my eyes and exchanged looks with Klaus. We then realized our stance and immediately let go of each other. (Klaus's last scream made me laugh so hard, I fell out of my chair)
We started floating up again. 
"Okay, okay. It's... it's working," Klaus said as he caught his breath. 
"If we maintain a consistent heat level, we should be able to make it to the penthouse," said Violet. 
"For a second, I thought we..."