The Reptile Room Part 2

♪ Look away, look away ♪
♪ This show will wreck your evening
Your whole life and your day ♪
♪ Every single episode
Is nothing but dismay ♪
♪ So look away
Look away, look away ♪
♪ The Baudelaires are living
With a man who studies snakes ♪
♪ He's jolly and he's secretive
And makes a few mistakes ♪
♪ Spoiler alert
A villain comes to steal and murder ♪
♪ And so if I were you
I wouldn't even watch one minute further ♪
♪ Just look away, look away ♪
♪ There's nothing but horror
And inconvenience on the way ♪
♪ Ask any stable person "Should I watch?"
And they will say ♪
♪ Look away, look away, look away ♪
♪ Look away, look away ♪

Lemony Snicket's POV

There's no word to describe the feeling of waking up and knowing instantly that something is terribly wrong. If there were, Y/N and the Baudelaires would have used that word when they rose to find dawn had awoken them, and their Uncle Monty had not.

Y/N's POV

I didn't have another dream. I don't know why I shouldn't have. It was just a black pit of nothingness that surrounded me like an aura. I don't know why, but I suddenly got a bad feeling. 
"Y/N...Y/N. Y/N!"

I was shaken awake by someone in glasses. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. Klaus was shaking me awake. "Come on. We need to find Monty. Something's wrong," said Klaus. 
"What do you mean?" I asked. But, Klaus didn't answer because him and Violet were already halfway out the door, calling Monty's name. I briskly followed, calling his name as well. 

We went into the reptile room. "Uncle Monty?" said Klaus. "Are you in here?" asked Violet. "Zio Monty?!" I called. I then saw him in the chair behind his desk. Oh god...please no...
Violet, Klaus, and I slowly approached the chair. 

Terror filled my eyes as I saw his face. Two bite marks were on his cheek, the veins on his face were a grim shade of black. 
"Monty..." Klaus trailed. Tears filled my eyes and I gripped Monty's cold hand. 
"How could this happen?" asked Klaus. 
"We know exactly how this happened," Violet sniffled. 
"My, my, my, my, my," came Count Olaf's voice going from his Stephano voice to his normal and hateful tone as he took off his fake glasses. "What a terrible accident. Whoever discovers this will be very upset. "For in that sleep of death what dreams may come."" said Count Olaf as he recited Shakespeare. 
"You murdered him," Klaus hissed. 
"Why, Klaus, I'm surprised. A smarty-pants boy like you ought to be able to figure out that jolly old Uncle Monty died from a snakebite, not murder. Look at the teeth marks on his cheek. Look at his cold, waxy face. Look at his unblinking eyes,"
"STOP IT!" I scream. "Stop talking like that," said Violet. "You're right. There's no time for chitchat. We have a ship to catch and I'd like to board in time to have a bottle of wine before lunch. Peru. We're going to Peru," Count Olaf said, holding five Peru tickets in his hand. 
"We wouldn't go to the end of the driveway with you, much less international waters," said Violet to Count Olaf as he was heading out of the Reptile Room.
"Well, then I guess I'll have to take my own luggage," said Count Olaf as he picked up his luggage, shaking the suitcase on his right, then knocking it into the wall. A tiny voice shouted as he did so. "Sunny!" Klaus shouted. 

The three of us ran outside to catch Count Olaf. 
" Let her out this instant," Violet snapped.
"She won't be able to breathe," said 
"I'm so tired of having to explain everything to you. You're supposed to be so smart, and yet you persistently seem to forget about this," Count Olaf brought out the knife he almost strangled me with. "I'll leave some breathing holes for her," he smirked. He then started to stab at the suitcase. 
"No!" Klaus and I exclaimed.
"Stop!" Violet yelled. 
"I'm kidding. That's not the suitcase she's in. I don't think," said Count Olaf. 
"Please don't hurt her," Violet pleaded. 
"Then get in the car," Count Olaf growled.