Please don't leave me

*TW: Depression, cutting, mentions of suicide*

. . .

''Well you look like yourself, but you're somebody else. Only it ain't on the surface. Well you talk like yourself, no, I hear someone else though. Now you're making me nervous.''

. . .

I lay down on my bed as I stare at a picture of my aunt. Her beautiful brown eyes staring over the horizon as her long brown hair is put up in a bun. The glasses, that maybe were a bit too big, on her nose making her face look smaller than it actually is, while she's sipping on some wine.

I turn on my back and stare at the ceiling, letting my thoughts consume me. Three months ago my aunt died in a fire. I was too late to save her, I moved in with Mr. Stark since he insisted on it, but that picture is the last one I have of her.

The Avengers got back together, they've been spending a lot of time together which is good I suppose. They don't usually invite me to stuff or anything but that's fine.

I get up from my bed and slowly make my way to the bathroom. ''FRI, lock the bathroom please.'' I say as I open the medicine cabinet. I hear the lock close and quietly grab a razor blade I found some time ago.

I sit down on the toilet while twirling the piece of metal between my fingers for a while. I take a deep breath before pulling up my sleeve, I release all my breath as I trace my fingers over the scars I already made.

I grab the blade tightly and quickly slice through my skin. It doesn't hurt. I think to myself as I continue to do it over and over again and again until FRIDAY interrupts.

''Peter, Cap would like to tell you dinner's ready.''

I give a small nod as I clean the blade and put it away again, ''Tell him I'm coming.''

I open the first aid kit and quickly bandage my arm so they won't notice anything during dinner.

I unlock the bathroom door and quietly make my way to the kitchen. I open the kitchen door where everyone's already waiting for me.

''Hey there Pete.'' Clint welcomes as I sit down next to him and Natasha. I give him a small smile as Steve hands me a plate with Spaghetti.

I quietly eat my spaghetti as the rest continues their conversations, as if I'm not even there. I twirl some food around my fork before putting it in my mouth. After a couple of minutes I excuse myself. ''Can I go back to my room? I have homework.'' Mr. Stark nods so I quickly make my way to my room.

I stare at the picture of May again as tears silently roll down my cheeks. I quickly wipe them away as I continue to stare. Soon we'll be together again. I think to myself with a small smile on my lip. Soon.

I walk back into my bathroom where I start the shower so everyone will assume I'm just taking a shower. ''FRIDAY, lock the door please, thank you.'' Satisfied by the sound of the lock clicking I put down the note next to the sink. I had already written the note a while ago so I didn't need to do that anymore.

I open the medicine cabinet above the sink and grab the Advil bottle at the front. I grab the razor behind it too and make my way to the bath that's now filled with water. I turn off the water and get into the tub. I open the bottle with Advil and start taking them one by one.

''Mr. Parker, I suggest you stop taking Advil before you take too much. Otherwise I'll have to inform Mr. Stark.'' FRIDAY interrupts.

''No, it's fine FRI, enhanced metabolism remember?'' I answer while taking a couple more.

She doesn't reply anymore as I look at the blade which is currently between my pointer finger and my thumb.

I take a deep breath and quickly slice the skin on both my arms as deep as I can. I let go of the blade as I look at the water which is quickly turning red.

I start to feel sleepy as I slowly close my eyes, the last thing I hear being FRIDAY. ''-forming Boss now.''

. . .

Black. It's still black. I hear some beeping sounds next to me as I try to open my eyes. I open them a bit before closing them again because the lights are too bright.

''Lights at 25% please FRI.'' Someone speaks up as I open my eyes again.

I look around the room before I spot the person who spoke up, Mr. Stark.

He sighs before moving forward and sitting down on a chair next to the bed I'm in.

''Why Pete? You nearly died! Why didn't you just tell someone you were struggling, we could've helped...'' He pauses for a bit before he continues, ''but now, I had to find you in the bathroom bleeding out by yourself. You know I see you as my son right? I can't- I can't live without you Peter.'' He says as he hugs me.

Tears roll over my cheeks as I apologize for the millionth time. ''You know,'' Mr. Stark speaks up again. ''we want to help you, we'll find you a therapist and be by your side, yeah? You won't have to be alone.'' He finishes. I nod before hugging him again, whispering into his ear, ''Thanks dad.''

We stay like that for a while before I slowly fall asleep again with my dad by my side.

. . .

It's been a year, exactly, since my attempt and life's been much better. I got a girlfriend, her name's MJ, she has beautiful curly brown hair with honey brown eyes and tanned skin. Ned and I bought and built almost every star wars LEGO set there is, and I've been going to therapy regularly. My therapist is a very nice young woman who's helped more people that went through the same thing.

Dad's been by my side the entire time, never once leaving me, which I'm incredibly grateful for.

I get out of bed and make my way to the kitchen where Bucky is making pancakes for everyone.

''Heya Pete!'' Dad greets happily as I sit down next to him. ''Good morning!'' I reply as I steal one of his pancakes. ''Hey! That was mine!'' He replies as I laugh a bit before eating it quickly. He ruffles my hair as we continue to eat breakfast.

I check the time and see that it's currently 11:20am, feeling like I forgot something but not being able to, I sit down on the couch before I remember.

''Oh shit!'' ''Language!'' ''I've got a date with MJ in 30 minutes! Bye!'' I inform them as I quickly make my way to her house.

I smile as she comes out of the door, beautiful as ever, as I realize, I wouldn't trade this for the world.