8-Golden week (part 3)

Start from the beginning

"girls what are you doing?" Yui asked a little bit unsure on what to do. "they are trying to intimidate them because of the height difference. But I think they also do that when the opponent is as tall or smaller then them just to show who's boss" Mai said like she already figured us out, what she maybe did.

We walked to the gym when on of the guys from the other team said something that got our attention. (our you and you crew--- friends) "that are some shorties, trying to intimidate the opponent whom is a lot taller than them" we stopped in our tracks. "What did you say?" Makaira asked you can feel how a deathly aura surrounded us. "and they got attitude. I said 'that you girls are some shorties, trying to intimidate the opponent whom is taller than all of you... 5'" ow that bedhead is going to get it.

"you don't call someone short! You bastard!" Sunako yelled at the bedhead whom is surprised by the outburst. But we knew better than that. "do they all have an attitude? And I call you whatever I want." On the moment I'm trying to calm myself. Some people say I'm the calmed before a storm. But I can also be the storm.

"better watch you back bedhead, we will get our revenge on calling us short. But now we are going because the practice match is about to start" I said and gave him a death glare together with the others.

Time skip

We are warmed up and ready for the match. "okay girls gather up, for the first set I was thinking about this." She sowed us our position. On 1 is Makaira, 2 is Azumi, 3 is Katsu, 4 is Yui, 5 is a second year and 6 is me. Libero on the first set is Mai.

We had the first serve. Who Makaira did. She has some good serves. After 4 serves they finally received it properly, the other 3 where off and went the opposite way. They build up and spiked our block gave us a one touch. Mai received it beautifully towards Katsu who gave a set to Yui. The opponent received it and it went on for a while then the made a point it was on the line at the back it was so close to be out.

Serve was easy to pick up. And it went on like that till the end of the set. We won the first set with 25-19. The second set was more close but we lost that one with 26-28, they had an other person who had the best serve of them all but we managed to survive them in some way. The third set was a tough cookie *couch* couch* it was a pretty easy set to get they used all their energy on the second set and I feel like I could run a marathon so the difference between the teams.

We won the third set with 25-18. I see they have the same mindset as us, trying to figure out our weakness but want to know a secret? We didn't play at our foul potential. We took it easy, we trained our ass off. Trained in the weekend for a whole day. We build up our stamina and more things, we worked on our weaknesses but also polished our strengths. I have a feeling we can go to nationals if we do our best and keep going like this.

"good game" we all said in unison, I just like the sound of this. We shook their hands and cleaned up afterwards.

(Nishinoyas pov)

We were still playing, we lost the all 3 sets, but we just started a new game because they still have time and it's where practice matches are meant for. I received a ball and then I heard "nice receive" nothing new but there where girls voices in that to. We scored a point and then I saw the girls team. I guess they are already done.

They kept cheering us on, but it wasn't enough for us to win not even 1 set. At least they saw me in action. To be honest with myself (y/n) is actually cute. No Noya no she is the daughter of you coach you can't think that, I don't want to die.

((y/n) pov)

We ran in watching the guys practice match, I guess the are beginning a second match because on the scoreboard is written 1st set. So yeah. I saw Nishinoya receive a ball wow he really is a great libero. "Nice receive" we all yelled. Yes they scored a point.

We keep cheering them on and they do their best and are always close to winning. But they didn't won 1 single set. At least we can rub it in their face. We are maybe a little evil but isn't everyone a little evil? At least my dad will be proud we won. So there is one victory home even if it wasn't an official match.

"Hyper is that you?" Nekomata asked after they fished the matches and started cleaning up I got down the tribune. "the one and only whom deserves the title Hyper" I said with a playful grin plastered on my face. "long time no see, and wow you've grown. The last time I saw you, you were like 10 and this tall" "indeed, but I'm not the tallest player in volleyball and neither is my team but we kicked some butt today against those giants" I said. "you won Hyper at least you have won something today" my dad said and gave me a side hug. "yeah those girls are really tall, but nothing stands in your way of getting through is there? You are just so stubborn that it doesn't matter who you opponent is and I guess your teammates are the same" "you guessed that right Nekomata"

Time skip

We bid our goodbyes and left. I'm tired after today. I look outside the window looking how things go by, my eyes couldn't hold it anymore and let me go to dreamland. A beautiful dream is waiting for me at the other side, a side where everything is possible. Or so I thought why does this always happen to me.

In the dream

I was in a hospital room, blank walls a window giving a view of nothing just black but you could feel the sun burn on your skin and the lights came from outside. Then out of nowhere a person sat in the bed that was empty at first. I looked closer and saw its her, Erity (meaning: one who's special). Then more people are in the room. My friends, Sunako and Erity both crying and hugging like there is no tomorrow, the thing is it's the truth. For Erity there is no tomorrow. She was also our friend, she died from cancer it's something that was expected for her to get it. In their family it's in their veins, it can skip a couple of generations but the longer the more chance they are going to have it.

Erity was Sunako her girlfriend for 2 years. Sunako doesn't see her as an ex but as her former girlfriend, ex sounded negative and she was really special to her so that's one of the reasons.

There was more to come in the dream but I woke up from the shaking and yelling to get me out of my sleep. A single tear slipped out of my eye but I wiped it away fast so no one will question me.