004. Weight Control | Plastic Surgery

Idols should look pretty on cam. Para magawa iyon, they undergo weight control or even plastic surgery just like what is written on their slave contract.

Most idols specially those who have a big body curves (considered as fat) suffered from starvation by their company to achieve the 'perfect' body standards. Some of them are doing unhealthy dieting like starvation and too much exhaustion.

Here are some of the stories I compiled regarding the topic.

The story of a 31-year-old former girl group trainee

A 31-year-old former trainee revealed her regrets in the past 10 years of her life that she dedicated to pursuing her dream of becoming a girl group idol. She was left with debt due to all of the plastic surgery she had done just so that she would look prettier on TV.

According to her, trainees under 163cm (5'3″) had to match a "debut weight" of 38kg (83 lbs). The former trainee was 160cm and therefore, she had starved and starved for 10 years. Every Friday was apparently the day they were weighed and therefore, she said she often found herself stuffing her face with food like a crazy person on Saturday and Sunday. Moreover, the company set up a CCTV in their dorm and watched their lives while consistently checking up on their refrigerators. They had to eat secretly and even if they did, usually threw it back up. She confirmed other stories of "sponsors" by indicating that she had also experienced numerous offers from these so-called "sponsors".

She added that some of the trainees who succumbed to these sweet temptations did in fact debut much more quickly, while many others simply gave up on their own. In the end, she felt a sense of emptiness watching the people she used to practice with becoming superstars and expressed that she supports those who are still training. She finished with a message to her parents, apologizing for being an undutiful child.

Sixbomb's Getting Pretty Before/After

Sixbomb is a girl group who caused quite controversy in their song getting pretty before and getting pretty after for glorifying eating disorders and plastic surgery.

Here are some of the lyric translation.

"Manage your weight, I'm getting pretty, are you feeling a little tired?"
"Being beautiful, becoming beautiful, I'm getting pretty"
"I'm in the process of making my face prettier"

They actually went through plastic surgery procedures and documented it in their music video. They said that it is necessary for them to undergo such transformations.

Some idols who shared about their weight control

Numerous trainees have mentioned the extremes they took to control their weight. Chaeyeon had once revealed that she checked her weight daily using methods such as measuring her thighs with a tape measure. She stated that there was a general guideline for her weight but if she surpasses that guideline, she would get punished. She also mentioned that when her boss tells her to lose weight, she had to comply.

TWICE Momo had also revealed that she lost 7kg (15 lbs) in one week. She was apparently told by her company that she absolutely must lose 7 kg in order to be able to go up on stage for the showcase. She confessed that she didn't eat anything besides a single piece of ice during that one-week period and went to the gym. During her trainee days, Momo had to stare at the food longingly, put it in her mouth, chew it and spit it out because she was afraid she would gain weight. She even went as far as to spit frequently in hopes that it would help her weight go down. She explained that when she lied down to sleep, she was afraid that she might not wake up in the morning and that made her want to cry.

EXO's Xiumin had also apparently struggled with his weight since his debut and revealed that during EXO's "Growl" promotions, he only ate once every two days and drank coffee. He only weighed 53kg (117 lbs) during this time.

Marami pang ibang idol who have done this to the point na nagkakaroon sila ng eating disorder. Do you know some? What are your thoughts?

Comments and votes aren't necessary but appreciated. Thank you for reading! Lovelots!

┌───────⋆──┐Source:KoreabooMidnight Theories (YouTube)Aesthella Thorné (Facebook)Junhanniee Pledis (Facebook)└──⋆───────┘

┌───────⋆──┐
Source:
Koreaboo
Midnight Theories (YouTube)
Aesthella Thorné (Facebook)
Junhanniee Pledis (Facebook)
└──⋆───────┘