007

Jisoo took Jennie out for milkshakes as an apology after the Science Fair. What can she say, that girl knew how to get on her good side.

Unfortunately, Jisoo's brother came too, but Jennie was in too spectacular of a mood to be brought down by something as trivial as that.

"This is the best day of my life," Jennie said happily as the three sat down at a table. "Taehyung lost his fancy scholarship, Jin got slapped, I got my best friend back...and I get a free milkshake! Life couldn't get any better than this."

Jisoo laughed. "Yeah, well, I may be paying, but you're getting up to order them. I'm tired."

"You're always tired, but okay," Jennie said. "Man, I sure am lucky that Taehyung screwed up just in time for the cameras to catch Jin's confession."

"Yeah, how lucky," Taehyung spoke for the first time. Jisoo gave him a look.

"Well, I'll go order. What do you guys want?" Jennie asked as she took the money from her best friend.

"Chocolate," Jisoo answered.

"Same," Taehyung called out.

"'Kay." Jennie bounded up to the front counter to buy their drinks, leaving the siblings alone at the table.

"What?" Taehyung asked his sister. She was still staring at him with that look.

"You little sneak," she said with a smile. "I can't believe you did that!"

"Did what?"

"Don't play dumb. You messed up your presentation on purpose just so Jin would get caught. And you did it all for Jennie!"

"Whoa, whoa," Taehyung protested. "Maybe I did mess up on purpose, but I did not do it for Jennie."

"Mmhmm." Jisoo looked unconvinced. "Sure you didn't."

"I didn't!"

"Then why'd you do it?"

He hesitated. "I couldn't have you dating some sleaze," he finally said. "You're my sister."

"If you knew Jin was such a sleaze, all you would've had to do was tell me and I would have broken up with him. You know I trust your judgment."

"But you don't trust Jennie's?"

Jisoo faltered. "I do now," she said softly.

It was silent for a few seconds.

"...she was really upset," Taehyung said with a blush.

"You know what I think?" Jisoo prodded at her brother with a smile. "You care about Jennie. I knew you didn't really hate her!"

"Are you insane?" he countered immediately. "I hate her guts! I hate her stupid 'dark brown' hair, and her annoying eating habits, and her incessant swearing. I hate everything about that girl."

Jisoo laughed. "No, you don't! You just say all those things because you're trying to cover up the fact that you like her."

Taehyung was so taken aback by the comment that he choked on his spit. "Okay, now you really are insane. Even if I did like Jennie, which I don't, it would be in a strictly platonic way," he said.

His sister just rolled her eyes. "Platonic or not," she said. "You like her."

"I do not like her!"

At this moment, Jennie re-entered the scene, carrying two chocolate milkshakes and one vanilla. "Who does Taehyung-ie like?" She asked teasingly. She had only heard the last part of their conversation, so she hadn't the slightest idea of who they were talking about. Jennie was imagining some shy, smart girl in his AP Biology class or something.

"None of your business," he spat at her. Jisoo giggled.

Jennie shrugged. "Whatever," she said. "Life is good!"