XI - Buspirone

Beginne am Anfang

I watched him nod his head, "I don't know Charlie's.." he trailed. I nodded in understanding.

"We found out about her sickness last year. Bone cancer already in stage 2. Now, she's in 3."

"Mukha siyang walang sakit."

I know. Maliban sa putla at payat parang wala siyang cancer. She even looks livelier than me.

"She's as strong as you are." He added.

Gusto ko siyang i-tama. Mas malakas sakin si Charlie, because my sister is fearless. Too fearless.

"Is there a chance?"

"The doctor told us to be ready." I wanted to shout that time. I was so mad at her doctors for how could they easily told us to be ready when they were supposed to treat my sister-but then I was reminded that doctors aren't God. They will save every lives if they could but they couldn't. The power isn't in their hands anymore.

I'm a medical student and I should be the first one to know that.

Death's not new to every doctors but grief can surprisingly spread like a small poison.. killing doctors slowly inside.

Napatingin ako sa kanya. He remained quiet.

"I want her to fight harder.. and fight for her at the same time.. " I confessed almost in a whisper.

"She's not alone in this fight," his voice reassuring, "and so are you."

**

I looked at my bestfriend as I am having a silent debate with myself. My heart easily flutters with every word that comes out from Cane's mouth. It really felt so wrong.

"How did you un-like Cy?"

Her head turned to me. She looks like she's making sure if I am still the Chandrella she knew. Tsk.

She blinked hanggang sa tuluyang lumawak yong ngiti niya. Mali talagang desisyon na sabihin sa kanya pero ang hirap itago. Sanay akong alam niya lahat at kahit naman hindi ko sabihin malalaman din niya sa kilos ko later on.

At crush lang naman! Mababaw lang.

"Crush mo na si Hurri?" her brows wiggling playfully I almost groaned in annoyance.

"Just answer me."

She shrugged, "Fyi. I loved Cy. Pero petiks na love lang high-school palang kaya kami that time kaya hindi ganon ka-lalim."

"So how did you get over him nga?"

She bit her lower lip, preventing herself to smile even wider. "I don't know. Hinayaan ko lang tapos ayon Storm happened."

"So it is because of Storm kaya mo nalimutan?"

"No! Of course not. Even before Storm wala na akong gusto kay Cy, nong dumating si Storm saka ko lang mismong na-confirmed na okay na talaga ako kay Cy."

But she still didn't answer my question.

"I moved-on with my own pace. I don't use other people as a rebound no. One thing before you enter relationship? You need to be whole first."

"That's not what I was asking."

"You just want to hear me telling you to find another guy to get over with this current guy na crush mo." she said shaking her head with a big smile.

"Shut up. It's for a patient."

Mas tumawa siya ng malakas. "Bulok mo talaga mag-sinungaling."