Late Again

Cassidy reached her small home on the side of the road and got out of her car. She walked inside, to be greeted by the smell of the breakfast she left on the table when she had left this morning. She sat down at the table and looked at the clock.

It read 10:48. Just as Cassidy read the clock, she got hit with a wave of sleepiness. She decided she'd go to sleep without eating dinner, and would eat in the morning.

She stripped from her bartender outfit, and quickly got a shower. She then went to her room and slipped on a loose t-shirt and the shortest pants she had. Cassidy lay in bed for maybe 5 minutes, before she passed out.

~timeskip~

She woke up normally, got out of bed, quickly got dressed, and made some oatmeal. She finished the bowl of oatmeal and grabbed her keys and phone. Before she stepped out the door she decided to look through her phone.

New message from Fiffy-Fif: "when u getting here?"

Cassidy replied, "soon bro"

Cassidy also had the urge to scroll down through her contacts. But not now, she had to get to work.

She placed the keys in her car and pulled out of her driveway. She drove down the road to her job at a club. She noticed there were already some customers there.

"Shit. Now I'm gonna get chewed out by Jo." Cassidy sighed before parking her car.

She exited her car and walked into the building. A strong whiff of alcohol hit her when she walked into the building. She heard a sarcastic cough from the bar and looked to see an androgynous person staring at her with an unimpressed look.

"To the back, now." They said. Cassidy felt her soul leave her body.

"I'm like 30 minutes late, it's not a big deal, Jo. Why don't I just go on with my job?" Cassidy rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

Jo stared Cassidy directly in the eye and said, "You heard me, didn't you? Why are you always late?" They rolled their eyes and went back to serving a customer.

Cassidy speed walked to the backroom, passing Fiffy on the way, who gave her a sorry look.

"It's not so bad, you're all overreacting. I'm probably gonna just get yelled at for 5 minutes." Cassidy walked into the room and sat on the table. She pulled out her phone and decided she'd scroll through her contacts now. She found a couple of old friends, but some of the contacts stuck out like a sore thumb.

"🎬 Harry 🎬"
"📝 Paige 📝"
"🦆 Robin 🦆"
"🕢 Tony 🕢"
"🖥️ Colin 🖥️"

Some of the people who were actors in "Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared". Memories came flooding back to her. Memories she didn't want. She tried to repress them, but she failed. She selected all of them, then hit the button that said: "Make Group Chat".

She started typing: "Hey. It's Cass, you know, the one who would've played Spraycan? How are you guys doing? I was wondering if we had time to catch up soon. I work at the bar near that one old tree where we all used to hang."

An hour went by, and after getting yelled at for 5 minutes, as Cassidy had said, she checked her phone again, since there were no customers in at the moment.