The Tree

The new texts read:

🎬 Harry 🎬: "I thought you were done with us? Like just completely DONE. You said you didn't want us in your life anymore, so why?"

🕢 Tony 🕢: "Harry has a point."

📝 Paige 📝: "u even cussed me out for 'replacing' u"

🎬 Harry 🎬: "I think we all remembr that."

🎬 Harry 🎬: "remember*"

🦆 Robin 🦆: "i mean, what if cass just wants a second chance?"

"Do I? Why did I do this? " Cassidy said out loud before continuing to read.

🎬 Harry 🎬: "If she wants a second chance, she should've asked years ago, and should've apologized."

🖥️ Colin 🖥️: ":/ i dont remember being involved with this-"

🖥️ Colin 🖥️ has left the group chat.

🦆 Robin 🦆: "Is she even still here?"

🎬 Harry 🎬: "She isn't reading the messages, and she said she had a JOB now."

"My turn to talk." Cassidy took a breath and started typing again.

Cassy: "I was mad, it was a good, fun job, and I wasn't even getting paid. I guess I just needed a break, I guess."

Cassy: "Sorry Paige!"

Cassy: "Robin, yes, I guess I do want a second chance. Yes, I'm finally here, people finally stopped coming in. So are we gonna meet or what? are you guys still in town?"

🦆 Robin 🦆: "we're all still in town."

🎬 Harry 🎬: "If we meet, Robin and I have time tomorrow. We can stop wherever and wait for the rest of you, if that works."

Cassy: "Good for me"

📝 Paige 📝: "Mind if i come with you, harry?"

🎬 Harry 🎬: "Sure."

🕢 Tony 🕢: "I'll drag Colin with me. What time, and where?"

Cassy: "I get off at 4 tomorrow. A friend convinced my boss to do that for the next couple of days. What about the tree?"

🎬 Harry 🎬: "We'll meet at 4:30, then. The tree sounds good."

"Okay," Cassidy said out loud.

"Ma'am? Can I get a Miller Lite?" A large guy, maybe in his 40's was sitting at the bar. "Damn teens and their phones."

"Sir, I'm over 21, as I'm serving you alcohol." Cassidy slipped her phone back in her pocket, "It'll be $3." She slid a can down the bar to the man.

He opened at the beer and drank the whole can. He handed over 3 single dollar bills and left.

She looked up at the clock, it read 3:30. Jo and Fiffy had negotiated the times that Cassidy could leave, Fiffy proposed 4 o'clock for a couple of days, and Jo agreed, with a twist. Tonight Cassidy had to work until midnight. She'd be exhausted, but anything for a break.

~timeskip~

Cassidy had served maybe 30 people in the past hours. She was getting exhausted. Fiffy came back from her break and noticed how tired Cassidy looked.

"You doing okay, Cass? You look tired." Fiffy stayed behind, her shifts are the closing ones.

"Absolutely brilliant, that's why I feel like I'm going to die of exhaustion." Cassidy sarcastically responded.

"Ha ha. Well maybe take a look at the clock, dude." Cassidy looked up at the clock and it read 11:47.

She slightly smiled at the sight, then went to the back to grab her jacket.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" She waved goodbye to Jo and Fif on her way out.