....I'll be waiting

Already admitting defeat?

Here I thought you were a challenging opponent

Woooow okay okay

Next time we meet have that deed in hand

"So what's the deal, Suzuki?" You met the hero as you stepped off the train. "Walk with me." He motioned for you to follow. "Oookay?" You did, making your way out of the station and on to the sidewalks of the bustling city. "I love your friend." Suzuki said quietly. "I can tell." You laughed. "You've been together, what, close to six years?"

"We will be in a few months." He nodded. "Yeah, and you still get so flustered around each other even though you're so in sync. It's cute, I'm happy for you." You said as you followed him down the busy sidewalk. "Th-Thank you." He stopped and turned to you. "Thank you. That's really encouraging."

"Uh, no problem." You shrugged. "The reason I brought you here..." Suzuki began to walk again, glancing at you as he spoke. "I want you to help me pick out a ring for her." You gasped. "What?!" You darted in front of him. "You're gonna-?! She's! You! Yes!"

"You're too loud." Suzuki shushed you, pulling you by the arm. You saw then you were on the way to a large shopping center. "Suzukiiiiiii!" Your face giddy as he tried to hide his blush. "She's gonna scream. I'm gonna scream." We're all screaming for ice cream! "No one's screaming until we find the right one." He dragged you along towards the first jeweler in sight.

After a quick browse on around the tiny boutique, you pulled Suzuki aside, close to the exit. "Hey, uh, all of these are ugly." You blatantly stated. "All of them."

"What?" He reared back. "Well, not 'ugly', but none of them look like Cherry."

He took a moment to ponder on what you said before thanking the associates for their time and leaving, with you hot on his heels. "You pick the next store." He pointed at a nearby mall map. "Can do." You ran up, scrolling through the giant touch screen display. "How aboooout." You read quickly. "This one." With a tap, it gave you directions to the store you chose. "Let's try it."

A bust.

Everything was too expensive. "Well this is harder than I thought." You puffed out. "What about that one?" Suzuki started moving in the direction of another jeweler, you took a few quick steps to catch up. You walked behind him into the little boutique with plush, blush carpet and a modest chandelier that gave the room just the right lighting.

You were browsing on one side when Suzuki called to you. "This one." He pointed through the glass case. You walked over, peeking into the case at what he'd chosen. "This is the one." He nodded. "I think you're right."

"It's perfect."

"You did good, Suzuki. She'll love it." You both looked at the opal ring as it was being packaged. It reflected every color of Cherry's personality. "So can I scream now?" You raised a brow. "Not yet. After everything's said and done." Suzuki set the ring box in his pocket as soon as it was handed to him. "She'll want to run off and elope." You said as you left the store. 

"Ya'know, I thought the same thing." He ran a hand through his hair. "Then it must be true." You grinned. "Only one way to find out." You could tell the ring was already burning a hole in his pocket. "Hey, are you hungry?" He glanced at you as you left the mall. "I am." You pulled out your phone, opening the link Might sent you. "I've got a place in mind if that's alright."