"It is." He confirmed. "Not foolproof, unfortunately. You found me with ease."

"Well, I see you more than the average person." You shrugged. "Anyone else...I'll assume that if they see you've gone through such great lengths they'll know you must want to be left alone." You sighed. I can't believe this shit actually works.  Your focus strayed out the window as you processed what was happening. "Not hungry?" Might snapped you out of your thoughts. "Hm?" Your attention shot to him. "Oh, no. I haven't had much of an appetite lately."

"No? Are you not feeling well?" He asked. "Something like that." You frowned a bit. "I don't feel sick...I just feel off."

"You should take a day off then." Might suggested. "I'm on one."

"That's not what I meant and you know it."

"It's my job to keep you on your toes."

"That it is." He reached into his back pocket. "I'll be alright, big guy." Might shared just a quick glance before pulling out his wallet. Your head cocked to the side watching as he pulled out a card. 

"Here." He held it, watching as you took it cautiously. "It's gorgeous." You angled the warm metal up towards the light. Its color shifted from a navy to a deep violet, a golden 'M' circled by laurel etched into the center. "Are you having new access cards made?" You asked, noting the gold trim. "That's the only one." Might answered. "Shame." You went to hand it over. " You didn't look at the back." He kept his gaze on your face. "Hm?" You flipped it over. "Um?!" Your name etched in the same gold staring back at you. "Wha-"

"My PA is resigning for personal reasons." Might explained. "You wouldn't start until a little more than a month from now, but you are more than welcome to start shadowing as soon as you'd like." I...I could stay. "Might, I-" I can get a place and stay!

"That doubles as a company card, use it if you'd like to get your work cell on your own time."

"Dude-" But...

"Also use that on gas and maintenance for your car, or if you want to use a company vehicle you can pick one out whenev-"

"Might, slow down." You laughed nervously, running a shaky hand through your hair. "What's wrong?"

"This...this is amazing and I thank you...but this feels like cheating." You tried to hide your frown. 

"What?"

"There's bound to be someone more suitab- more qualified to do this."

"There's not-"

"I know there has to be people who've already applied. You should give them a chance." You kept your head down. "I don't understand why you're pushing back."

"You've seen my resume-"

"I've seen that it's missing a few things." Might pressed. Oh fuck. "You went digging?"

"No." Gently, he lifted your chin, your eyes still on the card. "Look at me please." He sighed out, slowly you did as he requested. "I respect your decisions and privacy. I've been piecing things together as you show them to me."

"I-"

"Yes, you. You are multifaceted." He let go. "A polyglot. A quick witted double-major with minors that I may not know of-"

"Management information systems and business law." You confessed. "I'm not surprised. You're an educator, an orator, and I'm positive the list goes on much further than what you've allowed me to see." Your gaze set back on the card. Take it. He wants you to. I bet he hasn't even looked at other options. What in the hell is his PA doing now that my current qualifications would secure me this?

"I..." You shook your head lightly. "I'm not saying no." Dammit. "And I'm not saying yes. I think you should at least view your options. To not give whomever a chance doesn't sit well on my conscience. You may find someone more well suited."

"Then let him interview you. He wanted to at least meet you before I jumped on the opportunity." Might sat back, tapping away at his phone. "He thought along the same lines as you." Damn, Might. 

"When?" You asked quietly. He was quiet for a moment, reading over whatever was on his screen. "Next Tuesday at 9am he says. Does that work for you?" You mentally went over your schedule before nodding slowly, handing the card over. "I can do that."

"Keep it." Might looked at the card then you. "No." You shook your head firmly. "Keeping this is saying yes."

"...Alright." He's a tad irritated. He'll live. Might slid the card back into his wallet, his attention moving out the window. "Are you mad at me?" You asked softly. "What? No!" His brows furrowing. "I had a feeling you'd do something like this. You tend to humble yourself quickly."

"Oh..."

"It's not a bad thing," Might started, "all the time."

"All the time." You repeated, rolling your eyes. "You could stand to get cocky every now and then." He chuckled. "I think you've done enough to."

"Thank you, Might." He waved down a waiter. "You know you don't have to thank me." The host saw his hand and nodded to let him know he was on the way. "You know you don't have to apologize for dashing to do your hero things, but you still do." You riposte. "Touche." Might turned to the waiter as he came to the tables edge. 

"Are you sure you don't want anything? Maybe something light?" He asked after ordering. "I'm alright." You affirmed. "When'd you eat last?" You thought for a moment. "After my workout...so around seven." Might glanced at his watch, then you, then ordered for you anyway. "Woooow. Okay." You laughed. "There's something else I wanted to tell you." He said as the waiter left. "What is it?"

"I'm leaving tonight."

"Damn, talk about short notice." You chuckled. "How long?"

"Two weeks at the longest." Might replied. "Is that why he's interviewing me?" You pondered aloud. "No, but it'd go against your code if I did, wouldn't it?" The blonde pushed up his glasses, earning a snort from you. "Yes, it would." You made a note in the calendar of your phone. "I guess I'll see you then, big guy?"

"Maybe sooner."