Chapter Six: Moonstruck

Start from the beginning

            That causes me to start heaving again. I thank the God above that the alley this trash can is in is very secluded, and no one's around to see me vomit.

            That means no one's around to watch me get murdered.

            Oh God. I'll never be able to calm again, will I?

            And that's when I made up my mind to not let her win. I'll never stop until I get rid of this woman. Ever.

            I wipe my mouth once more and being making my way towards my apartment. The cold whips my face red and my eyes are watering from exposure by the time I reach the warm foyer of my apartment building. Stepping in the elevator with my face down, I reach over and press floor seven. The elevator creaks and moans, an old thing, but finally I arrive on my floor and exit the elevator, taking caution to look around me as I pace over to my door.

            Opening my door, I stay at the threshold for a while, expecting someone to jump out at me. After a few seconds, no one does and I step in and flick on my light, revealing my things. Attempting to calm down, I sit on my couch, kick off my shoes and start watching a comedy movie.

            It was useless. My mind was too preoccupied. Then it came to me. Sure, I couldn't tell the authorities about Andrea, but there was one other person that read my mother's diary.

            Dialing the number, I pull on a blanket, for the temperature was still steadily dropping. The little thermometer that was on the corner of my TV screen read 20 degrees. That was strange, especially for California.

            He answered on the ninth ring. "Hello?" he said, his voice still familiar to me even after all these years.

            "Nick?" I say. "Hi."

            "Hey, Holly?" He pauses for a little bit and I hear shuffling. "What's up?" I open my mouth to say something, but the tears come out before words do. "What- what's wrong?" he asks, alarmed. I try to say something but I can't. "Holly, hello? Are you okay? Where are you?" I sniffle but still can't answer. "Holly. Answer me."

            "I'm all right," I say, wiping my eyes and feeling like such a baby for crying so easily. I've been strong all these years and suddenly it's all I can do to keep my tears at bay.

            "Where are you?" Nick asks again, still concerned. I hear a door open and then the wind on his end of the receiver, and I know he's outside.

            "I'm at home," I say. "But there's something I need to tell you."

            "What do you need to tell me?" he asks, confused. "Are Mom and Dad okay?"

            I didn't know how to answer that. But it was getting harder to hold back my tears. Because, honestly, they're not. They haven't been as long as I've been alive. And I don't think I am either. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "How fast can you get here?"

            There's a pause. "Oh no," Nick says. "Oh no. Oh no, oh no. No, no, no." I bite my bottom lip hard enough to make it bleed to keep from sobbing again. "Is it Dad?"

            "No, it's-" I stop myself, thinking it would be better to tell him this in person. Maybe he could tell me that it was okay, and not to worry. He said that to me so many nights when I was little, so why wouldn't he say it now? I hear a horn blare on his end, and then he curses loudly. "Just try to get here as fast as you can, okay? Everything's fine."

            "I'll be there in fifteen minutes," Nick says in an icy voice that almost matched the temperature. "And Holly?" he adds as I was about to hang up.

            "I know I've been absent long, so I haven't been able to tell you this nearly enough. But I love you so much."

            I nod, but then realize he can't see me. "Okay." Then I hang up. Because as much as he's my brother and as much as I forgive him, it'll take Nick a lot to earn my love and trust back.

            Once you lose something, it's really difficult to get it back, like your happiness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola!

Sorry for not uploading... I've been grounded. But I hope this is enough to sate you guys long enough for the next upload! Please don't give up on this story, even though the writer SUCKS.

Anyway! How are you guys? How's winter meeting you? What are you wanting for Christmas? Has anyone seen Breaking Dawn Part 2? I want to know about you guys' lives, so feel free to comment below.

Until next time! Toodaloo! :)