21 // Baby, You're The End Of June

a/n: happy june 30th :)

* * *

I step out of the airport, the humid weather warming my face immediately as I do so.

Jess was slightly upset that I was leaving, but only because her family lives in Florida and she'd like to visit them again. My boss was surprisingly cool with me leaving for a few days, as long as I wasn't taking too much time off. So I only took three days off, not including today. He didn't scream at me, like Linda normally would in this scenario.

I'm so glad she's out of my life.

It was around 2 o'clock in the afternoon now, and I haven't really had much to eat, since I was in the air during my normal lunchtime. For as long as my flight was, I wasn't feeling too jet lagged... I actually felt quite energetic. But that could all be just because I slept for most of the flight.

Harry said there should be a car waiting out here for me. He said it was a black SUV...but I see like a million different ones. That was a pretty generic thing for him to tell me.

Just as I was reaching for my phone to text Harry asking for more detail, I hear someone calling out my name. But this was a familiar voice.

I snap my head up, and to my right, was Harry sticking his head out the tinted window of a black SUV... just as he said would pick me up. A bright smile is on his face as he waves his arms frantically, half of his body now hanging out of the car window.

I chuckle to myself at the sight, shaking my head. He's such a weirdo. I love it.

I drag my suitcase—yes the one he bought me for my birthday, along with the carryon of course—behind me as I approach the car with the British man hanging out. As I get closer, the trunk of the car opens for me to put my luggage inside.

"Need help from your beefy man?" Harry offers as I get to the curb. I laugh once again.

"No, I think I'll manage just fine," I decline his offer nicely, still laughing softly. The bags weren't too heavy, so I had no problem lifting them up into the car. I look up, searching for a button or handle to let the trunk door down. But before I know it, it's closing down on me.

I let out a yelp as I step out of the way before the door has the chance to hit me. Honestly for a second there, I thought I was about to be crushed to death by a car door. I hear the car door open quickly and before I know it, Harry's running up to my side. I look over at him, letting out a laugh of relief. But he didn't seem to find this very funny.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his facial expression frantic and worried. "Y-You... I thought you were getting mugged or something."

"No." I say, putting my hand over my heart. I found it sweet that he got worried about me, but I didn't see it as that big of a deal. "The door just started closing on me and I got scared. I'm okay... I didn't mean to freak you out."

"Okay," he breathes out. "I'm just glad you're okay."

The two of us stand there for a moment before my breath hitches as a thought strikes my mind. Sometimes I forget that Harry is an international rockstar and any paparazzi would risk their lives just to get a picture of him... especially if it's with a "mysterious" girl.

"Let's get in the car before we get exposed," I suggest, laughing softly. Harry nods and leads me to the car. He opens the front seat door for me, using his arm to gesture for me to get inside. I gladly take a seat and he shuts the car door before climbing in the backseat. He takes a seat in the middle, though I'm not too sure why that was his seat of choice. We both buckle our seatbelts as the driver begins to do his job.