45 // Bring Back Manly Men.

a/n: hey y'all

i just wanted to say to any of my new readers: first of all, hello. i love you. congrats for reading this far. feel free to introduce yourself in the comments so we can be buddies!

second of all, updates don't usually take this long, i'm just unmotivated. but this chapter was supposed to be 3x as long as it currently is, but i decided to split it up so i could get more updates up. strategy yall.

anyways love y'all...enjoy🥲

* * *

I woke up this morning with a stomach ache.

At first, as one naturally does, my first thought was that the pasta I made for dinner upset my stomach. Which worried me for Harry, who had set out for a jog a little less than 10 minutes ago. But then I remembered what today was, and the whole reason I was up well before I normally wake on my own.

I remembered that this morning Harry and I would be driving up to Anne's house to spend a few days with her. I was excited about going on a road trip with Harry, but then he told me that her place wasn't too far from his. 45 minutes with good traffic, he said. That honestly made me a little sad because I enjoy being in the car, when I'm not the one driving, of course.

But I'm still counting it as a road trip.

Harry told me to get a head start on my packing since we both decided we wanted to be lazy last night and push packing off until the morning time. I assumed he would just pack when he got back from his jog and we would leave right after. I'm sure he's expecting me to be close to done, if not completely packed when he returns. So that's exactly what I was planning to do.

But as I fold up the only dress I brought to California, which turned into London, I thought about what Jess said. She told me, if it were her meeting Harry's parents, she would wear a sundress. But it's winter, and I'm not much of a winter-dress-wearer.

I'm in my pajamas, still unsure what I was going to wear today. I'll just ask Harry when he gets home.

Instinctively, as the thought of Harry's name enters my mind, I look over at my phone, and my head traces back to last night.

I made the final decision of blocking Noah after having him blow up my phone with countless texts yet again. I of course tried to remind him that I wasn't interested, but then he just went on and on about how a few of his friends are in town and how he wanted to see me again. "Over coffee or something," were his exact words. And I tried to kindly remind him, once again, I am with someone and that it would be kind of rude of me to go out on a date with someone else. But he didn't take that very well, going so far as to call me a "self-centered bitch". So I simply said goodbye and blocked him. And if he gets a new phone again, which I find highly unlikely, then I will take the extra step to get a new number myself.

But in all honesty, throughout his recent obsessive behavior, I've felt worse for Harry than I have for myself. Not only is he getting increasingly worried about my safety, but I feel that the situation is putting me in a bad mood and distracting me from spending time with him. And the last thing I want is to be visiting Anne with him and be somewhere else mentally.

So with that being said, I shake off any and every thought containing Noah, deciding to finish packing instead. I turn around before making my way into the en suite connected to Harry's bedroom. There I get my toothbrush and hairbrush, everyday things I took out of my suitcase. Harry gave me a drawer in his bathroom to put my things in and told me to let him know if I needed more space...but I felt like it would be a little weird if I put my pads and tampons under his sink—which I brought so nothing like what happened in Anguilla would occur again.