EXPERIMENTAL √ Ian Gallagher [14]

Start from the beginning

He didn't come home.

✓✓

Ian tucked his hands into his pockets, walking inside his home. Fiona is drinking a cup of coffee at the table, and she raises her brows as she saw him. “Where were you?”

“That's what I'm here to talk about,” He shifted his feet awkwardly.

“You didn't set a house on fire or something, right?” Fiona joked, setting her mug down.

“This is serious, Fi.”

“Okay?” She said slowly with confusion, “Take a seat.”

Ian tugs the chair out at the table, sittting down and swallowing roughly. He didn't know how to say it or word it. So- he figured he'd just come out with it.

“I'm having a baby.”

“That's impossible, Ian.” She laughs, “But good one.”

Ian stays silent, green eyes looking down at his hands that rested on the table. Fiona stops laughing, slowly reaching over and grabbing one of his hands. She gives it a light squeeze, “Ian?”

His green eyes lift, meeting her dark ones. Suddenly, they widened, “Fuck- you're serious?”

Ian gives a slight smile, uncomfortably, “Y-Yeah.”

“When are you adopting?”

“I'm not.”

It finally clicks, and she quickly stands up, letting go of his hand. She starts to pace, gripping her head. “How the fuck did this happen, Ian?”

“It just- happened.” He spoke softly, “I- I don't know really."

“What do you mean you don't know?!” She exclaimed, slamming a hand on the table. “You don't just suddenly turn straight Ian!”

“I'm not straight,” He defended himself. “I never even looked at a girl like that until she-”

“Who is she?” Fiona asked with a glare, “Did she pressure you to do it?”

“Fiona- No!” He glared back, “She'd never do that!”

“Then- Then explain it to me, Ian.” She sighed tiredly, sitting back down. “I don't understand.”

“I don't understand it either, but it's happening, Fi.” He firmly told her while making eye contact. “She's pregnant.”

“And your sure it's yours?”

He scoffed, “Yeah, I'm sure.”

“Do you like her? Do you even want to have a kid?” She questioned him slowly, watching him carefully. “Is that such a good idea with. . . You know?”

Ian sighs, pressing a hand to his temple. It always seems to come back to this.

“Yeah, I like her. Even if I didn't, I'm not about to abandoned my kid.” He continued, “I've kept up with my medication, and she's even making sure I do.”

“Who is sh-”

Knock, knock, knock.

Fiona rolls her eyes, “I got it.”

Ian awkwardly sits at the table in silence, standing up as he hears the sound of his sister's voice shouting out.

“What the fuck?! You can't just come in here!”

Ian rushes to the hallway, only to see two police officers pushing past Fiona roughly.

“Are you Ian Gallagher?” One of them asked.

“Yeah-” Ian slowly replies.

As soon as the words left his mouth, he was slammed up against the wall and cuffed.

Ian Gallagher, you're under-arrest for the assault of David Lynch-”

The officers started to pull him away, pushing Ian out of the house.

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used in a court of law-”

“What the fuck did you do, Ian?!”

Fiona follows behind them, cursing incoherently as they make their way to the police car. Before they have a chance to slam him inside the car, he gives her a gentle smile.

“You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you-”

“. . . Don't worry, Fiona.”

SLAM!

Words: 1001

Leave a comment, follow, or favorite if you enjoyed!
Thank you!