seven

Lan Sizhui

Sizhui made his way down to the Gentian House, the residence of Hanguang Jun's late mother. This was where Wei WuXian and him stayed during their time in the Lan Sect. Wei WuXian had once explained to him the sentimental value.

"This is where we fell in love, A'Yuan. This is where Lan Zhan would stay by my side in the night while I slept."

           Sizhui couldn't imagine why people hated them for being together. Sometimes he would watch them, hand in hand through the gardens; being in love. Hanguang Jun stared at Wei WuXian with such profound adoration and affection. They never spent a moment apart. If that wasn't love, he didn't know what was.

            He arrived at the door, knocked and waited. Often Sizhui turned up in the late afternoon to chat or for archery tips.

             A minute passed, though he paid it no mind. He just knocked again. Finally he could hear rustling and some cursing before Wei WuXian padded towards the door and greeted him with a smile.

            "A-Yuan! Hey."

            "Wei-gongzi!" Sizhui bowed quickly. "Are you two busy?"

             Wei WuXian adjusted his black robes to cover more of his collarbone and neck. "Not at all! Lan Zhan and I were just sparring, haha." He scratched his head.

             Sizhui peeked through the door. An expressionless Hanguang Jun appeared at his husband's side. He nodded at the young boy.

            He was ushered inside by Wei WuXian and they sat at the small table in the middle of the room. Many things were out of place, but Sizhui was accustomed to their spontaneity. They were usually this messy.

             "I'm glad you were free to chat today. Jingyi and I... We'll, we've got a situation of sorts."

              "Oh?" Wei WuXian looked up from pouring the tea.

Sizhui fidgeted with his hands. "We found another Surfacer? Jingyi and I just couldn't leave him to die, right? So we..." he trailed off seeing their shocked expressions.

"Another human? With legs and everything?" Wei WuXian carefully set down the teapot.

"Yes. We're sort of nursing him back to health," he explained, twiddling his thumbs. "It felt like the right thing to do?"

Wei WuXian reached over to ruffle his hair. "How generous and kind. I taught you well!" he said triumphantly.

"That's funny, I remember you teaching me other things, Wei-gongzi," Sizhui chuckled. Hanguang Jun arched a brow at a nervous Wei WuXian.

"Anyways! What's this boy like?"

"Well, he's around my age, maybe a year younger or so? He's pretty..." his eyes glazed over as he thought of Jin Ling.

"He's pretty?"

"He's pretty short-tempered, I mean! A little impatient but he's probably just stressed..."

"Oh, okay." Wei WuXian took a swig of alcohol from the pot in front of him. "Where's he from? What's his name, and all that."

"His name is Jin Rulan, heir to-." Wei Ying spat out the alcohol.

"His name is what now?"

"Jin Rulan? Do you know him?" Sizhui asked excitedly.