𝟬𝟲. 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝖽

( chapter six )

( chapter six )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

"Come on, hey," John B whispered as they all walked into the cemetery, "hey, come on."

"I'm coming," Kie hissed back at being rushed, "this place is creepy."

"John B, what are we doing—"

"Shut up," he cut Lia off as they continued to walk, the girl flipping off her best friend in the process, "okay, so, you know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?"

"Yeah."

"So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place. It's a person."

The group arrived at a huge tombstone with the name REDFIELD on display at the top.

"Voi-effing-là."

"See, my great-great-grandmother Olivia Redfield," John B told them, "it was her maiden name."

The teens observed the tomb some
more before trying to pry the door of the tomb open, only to find what's inside.

"Oh, shit!"

"A snake!"

"Woah, woah, woah!"

"That's a moccasin, all right," JJ exclaimed, "ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass," the boy then proceeds to bark at the animal.

"JJ, shut up," Lia hissed as she tried to push the boy away from the animal, "shut the fuck up!"

"You're gonna wake the freaking dead, man!"

JJ shrugged, "they're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man. Wait, hold on."

"What?"

"If there's one, there's probably dozens."

"Oh, my God. Stop it, you're scaring me," Kie exclaimed as she looked for a way into the tomb.

"Everyone shut up," Pope turned to John B, "we're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go."

"I could get through."

The gang looked over at Lia as she shone her light over the hole in the door.