𝟭𝟬. 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝖺𝗆𝖾

( chapter ten )

( chapter ten )

━━━ ☼ ━━━

( TW: sexual assault )

Ophelia Bennett woke up to a pressure on her body—weighing her down. Her eyes fluttered open to see a figure on top of her. She groaned as she tried to fight the person off of her, but was only met with one sentence.

"Don't fight it, Ophelia."

Her eyes became more alert as she heard the voice of Rafe Cameron. She felt him duck down and start to kiss her neck as she failed to get him off of her, "Rafe—get the fuck off!"

"Shut up!"

As he started to take her shirt off, the front door opened to reveal Topper—a bag full of beer in his hands. The boy paused as he saw the scene—his best friend on top of a girl, a pogue, who didn't look like she wanted him on top of her. Topper dropped the bag and ran over to the couch, "what is wrong with you, man? Get the fuck off her!"

"Relax, Top," Rafe pushed his friend away, slurring as he wrapped a hand around the girl's throat, ignoring her scratching, "it's just a dirty Pogue."

Topper suddenly ripped his friend off of Lia, shoving him against the wall, "enough, dude! Seriously," he turned to the girl, who was red in the face and wet from tears, purple bruising starting to form on her neck, "get outta here, Lia!"

The Bennett didn't hesitate and bolted from the Cameron residence. Going to the only place she thought of—Kiara's house.

━━━ ☼ ━━━

Ophelia Bennett woke up with a start, immediately put her hand on her head as it pounded in protest of the fast movement.

"Hey, don't move so much, dummy, don't need you passing out again."

She turned toward the voice to see JJ Maybank leaning against the door frame. Lia looked around and saw that she was laying in her own bed, something she hadn't done in forever, it seemed like. She looked up at him, "what happened?"

"Last night at the movies, we got into it with the Kooks," the blonde boy explained as he sat on the side of the bed, "you took a pretty nasty fall when Rafe shoved you."

The Bennett girl winced as she could now recollect the events of last night; seeing Rafe there, her head bleeding, setting the screen on fire, her passing out in JJ's arms, "are you guys okay?"

He laughed lightly, "yeah, Lia, we're all okay. We were just worried about you," he paused, playing with the bed sheets, "I was worried about you. You've been out all day, it's like 6 now."