Happy New Year!

It was a peaceful afternoon. All the cadets were eating quietly. ...Well, all except for Sasha.

Until the Commander came in to announce a specific upcoming event that'll be held...tonight. "Attention, all cadets! There will be an event tonight at Stohess District. It will be tonight, so get ready!"

All of them were very happy to hear that. Most of them shouted, except for Mikasa and Annie. The Commander then continued, "There will be a festival, since it's New Year. This is an opportunity to see your friends and family, as well. Well, if they're still alive, that is." There was an awkward silence between the Commander and the cadets, knowing that most of them doesn't have a family left. All they had was their friends, in the Trainee Corps.

The Commander then coughed and continued once again, "So..Just. You know, get ready. Keep calm and dress your best." He then walked towards the door, exitting the room.

Annie walked to her room, without uttering any word. She plans on preparing early so that she wouldn't be in a rush tonight. She plans on wearing her kimono, which hasn't been worn half a year since. Although, Annie hopes that she still haven't outgrew them.

The same goes for the other cadets.

Eren then knocked on Annie's door, waiting for her to open it. "Come in. It's unlocked." She then responded to the knocking. When he came in, the blonde did not expect that it would be Jaeger.

Annie asked, "What did you came here for?", while giving him that icy look throughout the entire time. "Well.." Eren paused, gulping. His heart was pounding fast. "W-Will.. you-- ..I--"

"Spit it out." The blonde was getting all riled up.

Jaeger paused once again, figuring out how to phrase his words into something that even slightly resembled a proper sentence. "Will you go to the festival...with me?"

The other one quietly gasped while her face was invaded with a light shade of pink. "Oh.. S-sure." She then smirked at him. 

                                                                                  ~

"Hey, Jean." Marco said, slightly smiling at the other one.

"Yeah?" Jean responded, looking at Marco.

"I...was very lucky to have met you." He then said, looking at the stars. 

"Don't get all mushy on me now, Marco." Jean chuckled. "The festival hasn't even started yet!"

Marco then laughed lightheartedly. "I guess you're right. Too soon?" He said cheerfully, slightly grinning.

                                                                                   ~

Armin noticed Mikasa, looking outside the window. "Hey, uh.. Mikasa. Y-You look sad." Mikasa then paused, looking at the other one with an unchanged expression all the while. She couldn't say anything. "...Is it Eren again?" The boy asked.

She nodded.

Armin then sighs, worried about Mikasa. "I could go with you to the festival if you want to, though." He said, smiling at her.

She suddenly hugs Armin, "T-Thank you for always being here for me, Armin.." He responds, smiling softly. "That's what friends are for."

                                                                                   ~

 "Levi?" Hanji asked. Levi responded with his quiet, yet rather blank monotone voice, "No."

"B-But I haven't even said anything yet.." The girl pouted, begging for Levi to listen even for a minute. He still ignored her. "SAY SOMETHING I'M GIVING UP ON YOOUUUU--" Hanji sang, but was cut off by him. "Alright alright. What is it?" Since it was New Year after all, he gave her a chance to talk, in view of the fact that he usually just ignores her and leaves the room.