hugs

idk it's stupid-

patrick had been moping around all day, whining about small things, pouting and huffing, slumping about as he walked around and threw himself over various furniture pieces.

patrick had no clue what was wrong, but he felt bad, and was never sure how to fix those feelings. so, he always acted like this when he was feeling down for nothing or upset about something.

pete could tell patrick was feeling bad as soon as their first interaction of the day, but for the time, he had not bothered patrick- unsure if patrick wanted to be talked to.

the whole day went by slowly- for patrick especially.

"night," patrick muttered, finishing the dishes before trudging off towards his bedroom. "love you,"

pete frowns at the lack of communication and usual hugs. "'trick, wait." he says, gently grabbing patrick's arm. "are you feeling okay, bub? you've been pouty and stuff all day... and then no hugs or -anything- before bed? what's wrong?"

patrick shrugged, looking down at his feet. "I'm sorry..." he mumbled. "I don't know though. I just feel bad." he sighs, feeling bad for acting as he did.

pete shakes his head quickly. "no, no, 'trick, don't apologise. it's okay, but, is there any way I can help?"

patrick shrugs, looking down again.

pete sighs softly, pulling patrick to his chest. "well, it's okay, bub." he said quietly, hand reaching up to play with the younger's hair. "it's okay if you're just feeling bad for no reason. but next time, will you just come to me? we can stay together and work on making you feel better."

patrick nods, hiding his face in pete's chest. "okay," he mumbled, wrapping his arms tightly around pete. "thank you, petey..."

"of course, 'tricky."

patrick is lucky to have a friend like pete. someone to just hold him when he needs it. someone who understands when he is feeling bad, and knows how to help.

patrick is lucky to have pete.

patrick needed that hug.

"goodnight, 'tricky," pete said softly, kissing patrick's head, smiling down at the man curled up to his side.

instead of going to bed after their small talk, patrick stayed up with pete, watching cartoons until he could not keep his eyes open.

pete made patrick feel better. pete always knew how to fix patrick's problems.