I whipped around and raced over to where she knelt beside Anakin. Satine was close behind me.

Dropping to my knees next to my friend, my fingers automatically felt for a pulse his neck, and I was surprised by how hot his skin was. Sweat glistened on his forehead, but he had a strong pulse – too strong for my liking. His heart was pounding and his chest heaving as his breaths came hard and fast. Soft whimpers and moans were spilling from his lips, and it took me a moment to realize he was actually saying something: no.

Ahsoka looked at me, eyes big with worry. "What's wrong with him? What can we do?"

My trained eye picked out the saber wound running from Anakin's waist to between his shoulder blades, and though it would be painful, it didn't appear to be very deep. Still, I was dissatisfied with his condition, placing my hand on his clammy forehead. It was as though he had a fever, but he seemed to show no other symptoms, aside from delirium, perhaps. The way he mumbled and tossed on the ground indicated he wasn't aware of his surroundings, and it almost looked like he was dreaming. But he was unconscious. How could he be dreaming?

"I think we should head back to Coruscant," I told Ahsoka quietly, never taking my eyes off Anakin. "Something isn't right."

"If I can provide anything," Satine offered, lightly putting her hand on my shoulder, "what's mine is yours, if it helps."

I smiled gratefully up at her, spending a moment longer than necessary to take in those beautiful, earnest eyes. "Thank you, but —"

"Master," Ahsoka cut in, her voice low, and I looked back at her quickly. Her gaze was fixed to Anakin, who had stopped stirring and turning but was instead lying on his back, his eyes flickering open.

"Obi-Wan," his words were slurred, his voice thick with pain and disillusionment, "where is ... she?"

"She's gone, Anakin, but don't worry about it," I said gently. Then I'm sure my heart rate spiked when I saw his blue eyes filling with tears. Something really wasn't right.

"She's gone," he whispered, scrunching his eyes shut, forcing two tears to slip down his face. He tried moving but froze when pain prevented him. He sucked in a slow breath, then his eyes drifted open again and the tears and sadness had all but disappeared. Ahsoka helped him as he sat up slowly, and I could almost see something weighing down on him. His shoulders were slumped, eyes dull but resigned as he glanced at me. "Where's Asajj?"

I frowned a little. Maybe he hadn't heard me the first time? "She left, Anakin."

He looked at me and Ahsoka tiredly. "I'm sorry, guys. I shouldn't have given myself away. I've failed us again."

"Don't worry, Skyguy," Ahsoka said quickly, placing her hand on his knee. "We'll get it sorted out."

He attempted a small smile, then cast a weary glance at the pink sky. "Where to next? Is Mandalore safe?"

Satine gave my shoulder a squeeze. "Don't worry about us, Obi. We'll be fine here. Take your friend to Coruscant."

I glanced up at her. "If you're sure."

She nodded. "Absolutely."

I smiled slightly. "If you need anything, I'm only a call away." I winced when I turned my attention back to the pairs of wide eyes before me. I could feel Anakin chewing on a grin and cleared my throat uncomfortably. "Well, you two, we'd better be going."

Anakin was all smirks until he started trying to get up. His features screwed in pain as we helped him to his feet, but once he was standing, he seemed mostly okay. Ahsoka supported him back to the ship while I said goodbye to Satine.

I took her hand gently, holding her fingers delicately. For a few minutes, we just held each other's gaze before I coughed awkwardly and bowed, letting her hand drop to her side. "Good evening, Duchess. I hope the recovery of your city is speedy."

She smiled as she dipped her head in acknowledgment. "Thank you, General Kenobi. I hope likewise for your friend."

I laughed slightly, then took my leave and headed back to the ship, my mind still lingering on her sweet face.

"Earth to General Kenobi," Anakin's comment broke into my thoughts. When he caught my face, he grinned. "Don't worry, Snips: we've got the general back!"

Ahsoka tried to find humour in the situation, but I could see she was worried. "Shall I set course for Coruscant, Master Kenobi?" she asked from the co-pilot's seat, already reaching to press the coordinates.

I nodded, noting with concern that Anakin sat in the chair behind the pilot's seat, leaving the latter empty. Had he been in it, he was pale enough that I would have encouraged him to move over anyway, but that he wasn't there to be moved over didn't please me. Something definitely wasn't right. 

I wanted to find out what that something was: the sooner, the better.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Did yous get the little flashback reference at the start of the chapter? Obi-Wan was likening his and Anakin's fight with Dooku to when Anakin went ahead and fought Asajj this time. Three cheers for those of you who picked that up! Apologizes to any who found it confusing! ;)

And again we've had a bit of Obitine sweetness, but hopefully not too sickly sweet! The couple are so cute together, and I don't think I'm finished with them, however Satine might appear later on in the book. I think that's them FOR THE TIME BEING!! So DON'T PANIC Obitine shippers! There should be more to come! :D

Isn't Ani cute? :)

We'll be switching back to Anakin for the next chapter, me thinks. Just a heads up. :)