wedding

Vikram's pov

Working on your brother engagement day is the worst thing anyone can do and I am doing it now.

I was all set to go to venue but my manager called and informed that it was important that everyone need to be present in the meeting and that they were discussing something huge.

I have no option left but to go to office, gladly Kiran understood and let me go.

I am sitting in my cubicle working but my mind drifts towards engagement. My soon to be bhabhi is so cute and I can tell that my brother is totally into her.

I didn't get to know her much, just saw her on the day we went to see her. And her sister..

Her sister, I have a feeling that I had seen her before but I don't know where.

My colleague Sai nudged me, bringing be back to reality, my work.

~~~~
*Day before the wedding*

Wedding is at bride's place for which we need to travel for 4 hours. After haldi function in the morning and lunch we were all set to go to their location.

Wedding can be tiring so I utilised the time to sleep while my friends are teasing my brother.

They gave us a house to get ready and freshen up, which I assume belongs to one of their relatives.

We are currently getting ready for the night function in which groom's family offer their gifts to bride.

"Vikram, can you tie this for me?," kiran called. I turned to see my brother struggling to get the tie right.

I smiled and reached for the tie," Are you nervous?"

Kiran raised his eyes to find a smile dancing on my lips. "Why would I be nervous?" He said looking in different directions.

"So you are saying me that my brother who taught me to get my tie right is not able to set his tie right and he is not nervous?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He huffed," fine, yes I am nervous, I didn't talk to Aarushi in 2 days and I don't know if she is alright or not," folding his arms as I fixed his tie.

"Oh, so you are nervous because you don't know if bhabhi is nervous or not," I smiled.

"Don't make fun of me now, one day it will be you in my position and I will not leave you without annoying the hell out of you," Kiran challenged.

"Fine, you will see her directly now won't you, so don't worry, it will be fun, you should enjoy it's your wedding," I said hugging him.

"Are you both done now?" My mom standing at the door smiling at us.

" Yes ma, your boy here is a little tensed to see his bride," I said bringing my hands to my mouth to stop laughing.

Kiran nudged me before looking at ma," it's nothing ma," he hugged Mom glaring at me.

"Stop teasing your brother Vikram," ma said hitting me on my shoulder, "come on now, we need to get going."

I rushed out before my brother beat me to death.

We are standing at the door of function hall, kiran looking around for his bride," don't be so desperate," I whisper laughed in his ear causing him to stand still.

Aunty and uncle were coming to welcome us. I see Rhea following them, in a yellow lehenga which is making her skin glow, hiding someone behind her.

She is pretty tall compared to other girls.

All the rituals are done to bhai , but Rhea is smiling wickedly at bhai, her tall figure hiding bhabhi behind her.

"Stop playing games now Rhea, move," Aunty hitting her on the shoulder.

" Not until jiju pays," all girls are hurdled against her preventing bhai to have a look at bhabhi.

"She is looking dashing," one of her cousins said giggling.

"Come on jiju, Aaru is waiting," Rhea wiggling her eyebrows.

Bhai huffed and took his purse out giving a hefty amount to the girls. They immediately moved revealing bhabhi in a green saree smiling at bhai.

All the rituals are done now and everyone was getting down from stage.

" Everyone please take your seats we are about to start," I hear someone say from behind the stage.

What's happening?

Everyone had the same look on their faces. I just stood at the corner with some of my cousins.

I see some girls getting on to the stage and one of them is Rhea. Then it hit me, they are going to dance, why am I not informed about this, we would have had a dance battle.

The song started slow, my eyes trailed only on one girl in yellow lehenga. And the beat increased, they are dancing on every famous wedding song there is. Rhea is smiling as she graciously move around the stage.

She is definitely enjoying the dance compared to others, it was soon finished and everyone clapped for their dance.

~~~~~
*Wedding day*

Wedding finished happily with everyone laughing, talking and lots of eating.

I even managed to tell Rhea that she killed it yesterday on the stage. She just smiled, before she could reply she was being dragged by a little kid.

She was gorgeous in her blue green saree, her hair tied in a bun, her eyes crinkled as she smiled. I wanted to talk more but I guess it's not the time.

We were ready to leave as it is long journey to home. Bhabhi was crying as she bid her family, but her sister was no where near her.

Bhai glanced at me signalling to bring her, I nodded and went in search of her.

She was in bride's room shuffling with something her back facing me."Hey, we are leaving," I called her.

She jerked and swiftly turned to face me, "leaving?" She asked .

"Yeah, everyone is outside," I shrugged.

"But, does jiju have his shoes on?" She asked.

I raised eyebrow at her, "how would we leave without his shoes on?"

"Then whose pair is this?" She raised a pair of shoes in her hand.

I burst into laughing clutching my stomach, "Those are my cousin's," I said pointing to a douche searching frantically for his shoes near the stage.

"Shit, I have to go." She rushed putting those shoes in my hand, I couldn't stop laughing.

She stopped in her track and turned back,"give me your number, I have some work with you," she asked opening her phone.

I was in a daze, I told her my number but still what does she have to do with me. "Thanks," she said as she ran outside.

I stood there thinking, "oh my shoes!" Shiv my cousin said looking at shoes in my hand, bringing me out of daze.

I came out and everyone are done saying goodbye and ready to leave, bhabhi was hugging Rhea, I thought she would cry but she didn't, instead she was making jokes on her sister.

~~~~~
Oi oii

Who's pov is interesting?

Did you like the banter between the brothers?

I wanted to publish the story for 11th anniversary of 1D, but that didn't happen.

I am probably obsessed with the boys but who isn't 😂?

Finish the lyrics if you know:

Nothing can come between....