2. Familiar Faces

Kerri spins around, her eyes scanning the cell for a way out.

"Well hello pretty" T Bag says in a sing song voice as he steps towards her. His eyes trail down her body. "You look awfully... familiar" he drags out his words, sticking out his tongue and licking his lips. She tries to dart around him but he grabs her by the waist and throws her back to the desk.

"Dearie me you didn't think you could go anywhere did you" he lets out a hysteric screech. "We is locked in a cell" he states, gesturing wildly around. "You ain't goin' nowhere pretty".

He leans his mouth closer to hers until she can feel his breath hot against her lips. She turns her head, trying to push herself further into the desk. His hand snaps up and grabs at her chin, forcing it forward. "Yard time" a voice calls out over the load speaker, the doors sliding open.

Kerri tries to move but T Bag clutches her wrist. She brings her knee up with as much force as she can muster, aiming it directly at his crotch. T Bag doubles over and she bolts past him. A crowd has already begun to form on the lower ground, swarming around her, random hands reaching out to grab at her. She tries to elbow her way through but lets out a small shriek as someone pulls on her hair. Two men grasp onto each arm and pin her in tight. She tries to squirm away but they keep her locked in, dragging her with them.

"Please just leave me alone" she begs trying to pull her arms free.

"Be quiet" one of them, hisses. "You'll only make things worse". She tries to pull free again but they tighten their grip, their fingers digging into her skin.

Together they carry her to the yard and only relinquish their grip once they are near the bleachers. Taking the opportunity, she leaps away from them, spinning on her heal to face them "leave me alone" she growls and they each hold out their hands in surrender.

"We didn't want to hurt you. We were just trying to get you out of there" the taller man says. Kerri glances up and she is caught off guard by how calm his eyes are, as striking as the ocean. Calm isn't good. The worst ones are always calm, their punishments well thought through. She begins to back away from them. "That's what they all say" she mumbles. "How do I know I can trust you?"

"You don't" the man says simply. Kerri hesitates, déjà vu creeping over her. Those eyes, those words, she had heard them somewhere before.

The man's eyes widen as they flick up to something behind her. He jolts forward but before he can reach her, Kerri is yanked backwards. Fingernails dig into her wrists as they are pulled behind her. Someone else steps forward, caressing her cheek.

"Let her go T Bag" the man with the ocean eyes demands.

"You wouldn't be meddling in my affairs, now would you Scofield?" T Bag hisses. "You can't be that stupid. Not when I'm so fully invested in your affairs".

"She isn't your affairs" Scofield scoffs.

T Bag chuckles, his voice slightly hysterical. "Well quite the contrary. You see me and pretty over there. We have some unfinished business. Isn't that right darlin?".

"I said-", Scofield takes a step closer, towering over them, "she isn't your affairs".

T Bag grins and spins on his heel, his mouth slamming into hers. Kerri tries to pull free, but she is pinned to him, his hands finding their way to her waist. Scofield lunges forward, pulling T Bag off and tackling him to the ground. Kerrie yanks her arm free and sprints. Hands slam into her back and she crashes into the bleachers, thick blood beginning to pour out of her cheek. She is pulled up again but before she has a chance to register what is happening, gun shots fill the air.

Everyone drops to the ground as officers' race forward. Kerri feels herself being hauled up, arms wrapped around her, dragging her forward. She tries to glance back but only sees T Bags murderous expression as he watches her being carried away. Minutes later she is in the infirmary. Sara races forward, grabbing bandages and antiseptic as she runs to Kerri's side.

"Who did this to you?" Sara says, her voice panicked as she dabs at Kerri cheek with gauze. Kerri doesn't react to the sting and simply looks away, refusing to meet her eye.

"Kerri talk to me. Who did this to you?".

Kerri shakes her head so Sara scrambles to grab a file and drops it almost as quickly.

"They put you with T Bag?" she screeches, glancing back up to look at her cousin. Kerri rolls her eyes, trying to keep any sign of fear from her face.

"Its fine. I can deal with it. You know I have a high pain threshold" she spits back.

"Kerri please. That was years ago. You know I couldn't do anything".

Kerri focuses her glare on the wall, her muscles tensing.

"I was just eight. Do you really think he would have listened to me?" Sara continues.

"You could have tried" Kerri hisses, tears beginning to prick at her eyes. She blinks furiously.

"I was just eight-"

"Yeah and I was seven. You promised you would protect me" she is shouting now and Sara steps back as guards rush forwards, handcuffs ready.

"You promised" Kerri begins to cry, trashing against the metal bracelets. Sara backs further, spins on her heel and flees the room.