I.E.D.(pt.2)

Mulai dari awal

Liam and I jumped, slamming our foreheads together.

"Oops," I said cleverly, while rubbing my forehead, where the, now nonexistent, pain was. I grabbed Liam's hand and pulled him to the field where Coach was.

"Hey McCall," I heard Coach say. I looked over and say him talking to Scott. "Get your ass out on the field."

"But Coach, his leg's still healing. I don't think Liam should play," Scott replied in a rush. Liam won't like that.

"He said he's fine," Coach responded instantly.

"As captain, I'm suggesting Liam sit out the game," Scott persisted. Like that will work with Coach.

Coach started laughing at him. See? Doesn't work.

"And as, uh, President of the United States, I'm vetoing that suggestion," Coach top him. Knew that would happen.

"What if he gets hurt?," Scott asked, still trying to get Coach to have Liam sit out.

"Hey Liam, think fast," I heard one of the prep boys yell, as he shot a ball at Liam.

Liam quickly turned, and brought up his hand, catching it.

"Oh, he plays," Coach said to Scott.

Liam turned and glared at Scott, then faced back forward. He slipped on his helmet with one hand, still glaring at the Devenford jerks. I sighed, then put on my own helmet. I looked down at my number 10 jersey, then back up at Liam. I stayed behind to talk to Scott and see what the plan was as Liam headed onto the field with the rest of the team.

"Way to go Liam. Liam," Coach called. "Stilinski, McCall, Little McCall."

Well, this will be interesting.

The game had begun, and Devenford had the ball. One of their teammates ran down the field with it and scored a goal.

I walked next to Scott, Kira, and Stiles as we headed down the field to get back into our positions.

"Why do I feel like this is gonna end badly?," Kira asked.

"Cause it usually does," Stiles responded immediately.

"Kira, Alyssa, you keep and eye on Garrett, I'll watch out for Liam," Scott told us.

"Aw hell no," I responded. "I will help you watch out for Liam, buddy."

"Fine," Scott said to me, as we went off to get in our positions.

"Yea, I'm just gonna try to play lacrosse," Stiles told us, even though Scott and Kira probably weren't listening.

"Sounds good Stilinski," I said to Stiles, giving him a thumbs up, so he didn't think we were ignoring him. Well, that I wasn't ignoring him.

I watched as Garrett walked by, his eyes trained on Scott and I. Scott nodded slightly to him, and Liam took notice, also watching Garrett walk by.

"Brett," I heard Scott say as he was getting ready to face off with the Devenford player, who I'm guessing was Brett. "I know you guys feel like you should give Liam some payback for what he did, but could you just hold off for one night? Trust me, for one night."

Did he really think that would work? First trying with Coach, then now Brett? Is my brother stupid or what?

"Yea," Brett replied to him, nodding. "I can do that."

Hold on.
What?

"Really?," Scott questioned, surprised.

Brett laughed at him.
"No," he told Scott.