15) Meri Behna? My Light

Start from the beginning

'Or,' Janvi said playing with hers, 'It is just nothing, and it's been a trick all along. You know my mother right.'

Mannu Massi was very capable of playing a practical joke but I just wanted to open and see what it was all about.

'I think I'm ready to eat with everyone.'

The pendant slipped from my hand as I turned towards my sister, 'What? Pagal hai kya!'

'Please dude, main bore ho gayi iss room ko dekke.'

'Thank you for insulting my room.'

She tsked, 'Come on, I didn't mean it that way. I just know my Paa will take me home in a couple of days, and before that I really wanted to sit with the family together.'

It was true.

Although Virat Pa did agree to let Janvi stay here, I knew he hated being here. He absolutely spoke to no one other than the Chaudhary family, and me, and he didn't dine with everyone, always either stayed here or in the guest room with the others.

He hadn't even gone to his room. The room which was assigned to Janvi but was of course actually belonging to Virat Pa and Maanvi massi. He didn't dare enter that room, well I didn't know how to make him go there because the more he felt homey here, the more he'd wanna sort the differences.

Meri Maanvi ke liye jo kadwahat hai.

That line just kept replaying in my head. What did he mean by that? Did the family hate my massi? Was that the reason he left?

What exactly happened at their deaths?

Janvi of course didn't know about this part, because if I tell her this, I'd have to tell her that Virat Pa was adamant to take her and that I got a panic attack.

She's already healing slow, I don't wanna bother with my worries which I'm sure would be her priority number one.

'Nahi, Janvi. You're resting today, completely. Maybe tomorrow.'

She groaned and I smiled at her, pinching her cheeks, and she sighed settling back on the bed. I slid underneath the sheets with her as she interlinked our arms together and we looked up at the ceiling.

'Mannu?'

'Hmmm'

It was like before, how we'd sleep together, always stick together and whenever we were together, we were home.

'I missed this.'

We snuggled, as I took a deep breath, 'I missed it more. I don't think you'd know.'

'I know.'

'Waise, we do kinda look similar now that we have your hair is chopped.'

She pouted, touching her short hair, 'I miss my hair, I look like Willy Wonka.'

Giggling, I looked at her, 'Dekh, mera hair colour fade ho raha hai. So, you know, let's get a makeover. I'll dye my hair green, because I'm a Slytherin and you dye your hair golden, because you're a Hufflepuff.'

'Right, make me a blonde now.'

'Oh come on, I'm the one with green hair. It'll be cool.'

'Maybe not completely.' She said, as one of the help entered the room and brought in our lunch, 'But maybe streaks.'

I got off the bed and placed the two plates with khichdi, as Janvi looked at the food with a sad smile, 'You don't have to eat this with me, Mansi.'

'Well, what are sisters for.'