| Incomplete paintings |

" How did it go ?" asked Apollo when Icarus walked out of the room , shutting the door behind him . A weary expression evident on his face . 

" It was pretty ..... overwhelming . Yes that is all I can say" he told him . 

Apollo did not inquisitively ask further questions regarding the session , even though Icarus did not look too well after walking out . Instead he made an offer . 

"would you want to come home , maybe ?" 

Icarus agreed . He certainly loved spending time with Apollo . There were times when he would sit cross legged on Apollo's soft bed , the room filled with Apollo's ambrosial cologne . He flipped the pages of his old books and once found a dried rose in one of them .

Papers inked with piano notes flew all over the room and Icarus laughed to himself , while he picked them up and tidied them in one corner of the desk.

There was a canvas with an almost incomplete portrait of his own self . That is another story , he liked to recall fondly . When he had initially discovered Apollo's hidden talent of painting , he had childishly insisted that he should definitely draw him some time . He was not expecting that he would gladly agree to the frivolous proposal . Last week , on this day when they were both in the middle of colouring the bare canvas with the paintbrushes of their own passion , Apollo received news that Zeus , Hera and his siblings might be home any time soon . Icarus had to depart unfortunately , leaving behind a painting . 

A sketch that could never be completed . 

Apollo held the door for Icarus and he walked in , a sense of familiarity in the scent and acquired security that prevailed within the four walls . His balconies smelled distinctly contrast . They smelled a lot like coffee , mixed with cheap cigarettes . He wondered how those found a place in the prosperous residence of Zeus . 

" I love it when I am here with you " Icarus irrelevantly admitted .

Irrelevant ? That was what he thought . 

" I love it when I am with you , does not matter where I am at " he heard . 

He sat on the bed , Apollo sitting right beside him . He ran his fingers through Icarus's blond hair , feeling it as feathers more than what it really was . Icarus submissively pushed his head into the schmaltz touch . 

Icarus turned his face towards the boy and he closed his eyes , so that he could revere the precious moment . Apollo's hands slowly moved from his jawline to touching the back of the boy's neck . At this time they were barely far from each other . The only sound reaching their ears was of their own heavy fast breathing . Apollo traced Icarus's lips with his thumb and Icarus wanted nothing but this to last forever . But suddenly Apollo pulled away , and stood up . 

Icarus looked at him , flustered and slightly embarrassed .

" you cannot, we cannot " his voice was strained .
" They do not want us to be together , none of them , I tell you " . 

Apollo resumed his previous position beside Icarus and his hands made his way back to his curls . 

" but we are together " . 

He took Apollo's hand from his dirty blond hair and pressed it to his own mouth . He kissed all that jutted out and what did not . Pushing only the tips of his slender fingers into his mouth . 

" please don't do this " he whispered . Yet he did not make any efforts to object Icarus's action . He did not move at all . His fingers danced upto his arms , and his nails softly pressed deep into his skin . Apollo lost all of his breath in that one touch .