| Tears and flower crowns |

He leaned against the classroom entrance , feet together and his pale fingers fidgeting with his pastel sweater . He held onto the book , and he rubbed his eyes vigorously and scratched the back of his head time and again . There was not a single sign of Apollo anywhere .

Icarus freaked out more , and he panicked . Multidude of thoughts rushed through his mind . What might Apollo think of him , what ideas regarding him would build up in his conscience judgement ? It was fairly normal for Icarus to " overreact " as it was an element of his " insanity " . What is worse is that instead of helping him to stablise , all everybody ever says , and I quote , is " Stop overdoing it " .

*trigger warning*

Then the poor lad would sit in his bed the same night he would become intense . There would be tears of infuriate on his clear colourless bedsheet . He would furiously shred the last pages of his diary to calm himself down . He hated the fact he was never good at obscurity . He expressed his emotions vividly but only in a darker eclipse , at night in his own room . He would sometimes sit on his cold marble floor , drawing his knees very close to his beating heart in his chest . He would trace the permanent remnants of the scars on his paper white skin and regret that they even exist . He would gently touch the very recent bruises somewhere on his waist . He did not know the origin of this particular contusion . But he disliked it anyway . Othertimes there would be piercing tears on the floor , mixed with warm scarlet blood . The same raw blood that used to flow through his newborn veins . All in vain . 

*end of trigger warning*

This was not the time to be pessimistic and the cynical impact that would be the consequences of it . He looked at the book for one last time before he actually saw Apollo . Neither his siblings nor his friends accompanied him this time and Icarus knew this was the perfect opportunity he will never receive again . It was extremely difficult to convince his own friends that he was capable of walking home alone and did not require supervision . 

" Apollo-" he increased his volume , raised his hand which unconsciously moved to his lips and he bit his nails . 

Apollo , alarmed at the sudden call , turned around and soon after shot him a cordial smile . He walked up to him and Icarus stood their , motionless , head hanging down facing the ground . 

" Read the book ? " That was the first thing Apollo asked . 

Icarus looked at him , nervously , and stammered , "N-no why would I ? It's not my book " 

" But I thought you would read it . It's a poetry book and the poems are lovely as hell " he paused and added , " if you would consider hell lovely " he chuckled at his own humour . Icarus smiled . Nearly laughed . 

" Okay maybe I did " he admitted shyly. 

" I am so glad , did you like them ? " 

" Yes they are all so wonderful and enchanting . I loved every single one " his uneasiness giving way to comfort . He was opening up to Apollo . 

" Do you like poetry ? " 

" Yes ! " he almost jumped in excitement but then turned his face away embarrassed . 

" hey would you like another book maybe , now that we are friends ? " suggested the taller boy . 

Friends? This is the first time they were having a proper conversation . It's too early for friendship. 

"Someday " replied Icarus . Apollo willingly nodded . " Can I walk home with you ? Since I can't see those friends of yours around and - " 

" Yes let's go " Icarus figured he wouldnt mind some company . 

After a long walk of silence , Icarus interrupted that . 

" I'm sorry for yesterday " he whispered . 

" it's okay I completely understand " Apollo smiled . 

"What were you doing in our school by the way ? I thought people like yourself don't step on our premises " That forward curiousity and comment might come off as rude , however Apollo laughed dryly . 

" your library has more books than ours . And we are permitted to step on your premises , aren't we , dear Icarus ? " he answered Icarus's socratic question . Icarus would not argue further . Apollo was right . And now he also knew how he carried Apollo's book home the other day .

" hey look ! " exclaimed a very thrilled and enthusiastic Apollo . 

Icarus saw that Apollo was pointing to the road verge , filled with green damp grass . In the blink of an eye , Apollo was holding his hand tight , and said " Let's go there please " . 

" Apollo , it's late , I think we should get goin-" who was listening to him ? 

They were both sitting on the grass , bags deposited at a corner . Apollo's eyes twinkled as he held a dandelion in his hand .

" I'll blow on this and we'll make a wish . Hold my hand yeah " . Icarus placed his hand on top of Apollo's and smiled . 

They closed their eyes and blew on the dandelion fluff and made their wishes , with hopes and unfulfilled dreams . Then Apollo was lying on the soft grass , reaching his hands towards the declining twilight sun . Icarus looked around and gathered buttercups , wild violets , and chamomiles . He stuck out his tongue in concentration and made a flower crown . When he offered it to Apollo , he shyly said " this is for you " . 

Apollo gladly wore it , giving him a proud smile .

" do I look pretty? tell me I look pretty " he asked Icarus . 

" yes you look pretty " and then they smiled at each other . 

It was time for the moonflower to flaunt it's ivory petals . It was eventide . Icarus picked himself up and said " I had fun but now I really need to go home . Father will be worried " 

" wait " Apollo rose and walked up to him . 

He was approximately a foot taller than Icarus . They were barely inches apart . Apollo fondled his warm blushing cheek , he caressed his blond hair which was flying in the wind . He then tucked a strand of his golden locks behind his ear . He revealed an english daisy in his right palm and placed it in his hair , adorning his head like a little cornet . 

Icarus's blue eyes were locked with the hazel orbs of Apollo . They both explored the beauty and happiness in the little things in life . But more importantly they fell in love with the little things in life , and with each other . As they strolled towards their respective houses , their fingers brushed against one other . They liked the feeling , the warmth . Why were they going to the cemented wooden houses , if they had found the place to dwell , their homes in each other ? A home decorated with love and a flower crown moulded with tears .

Word count : 1110