| One more tale |

" when I first saw you ,

It took every ounce of me 

not to kiss you . 

When I saw you laugh ,

It took every ounce of me 

not to fall in love with you . 

And when I saw your soul 

It took every ounce of me " 

Apollo's eyes were closed , and he was attentively listening to the poem Icarus had written for him . 

" This is so beautiful , I love it very much !" he exclaimed . 

Icarus flipped the pages of his diary , and he looked up at Apollo . 

" I couldn't sleep last night and I was having grim dreadful thoughts so I thought maybe I could write a poem for you " Icarus admitted . 

" I understand , you can always write a poem for me , alright ?" .

Icarus nodded . 

Apollo leisurely placed his hand on top of Icarus's , in an assuring sort of manner . In their own sedate corner of this gigantic mansion , Apollo would bring Icarus home only when his parents and siblings were away for their affluent and extravagant parties to maintain their lavish sophisticated lifestyle and exquisite culture , where people in elegant gowns and suits talking in a posh accent , shooting each others their forged classy smiles . 

" Are you sure this is going to be okay ?" he asked anxiously , his voice tensed .

He was always apprehensive about meeting new people . He held Apollo's hand real tight as he pushed open the wooden door once he got his permit to enter . 

" H-hello uh Ha ..... " Apollo made an attempt to introduce himself but he was cut off . 

" Yes Apollo I remember you . Tell me what is it ? " the man took off his glasses , and put them on his desk on top of a dozen papers and folders . 

" Icarus , this is Hades " he told him and Icarus shyly gave Hades an acknowledging and courteous smile but he barely noticed that . 

"Go sit " instructed Apollo , as he lead him to the chair facing Hades . 

" Yes ?" questioned the man , a pen in his hand . 

Icarus gave Apollo a pleading bewildered look . 

" Hello , I am Hades . I usually indulge in psychotherapy and help people with whatever they are having difficulties with . You are safe here , with me ." and this time he genuinely meant what he said .
It could be difficult to open up for introverted and reserved Icarus , but perhaps this time things would be different . 

" I am Ica- " when his eyes suddenly fell on Apollo , wringing his hands in agitation . 

" what's wrong ?" he asked gently keeping his hand on Apollo's shoulder . 

" I have a feeling that everyone is back home by now . I think I should leave ... if that is okay with you ..." he said . 

" I was anyways going to ask you to wait outside the room , it would be good if you just go home now " Hades told him . 

" And if you're worried about me , do not . I can go home myself " Icarus chuckled . 

Apollo kissed his forehead and waved him " goodbye " .

Icarus smiled , desperately trying to hide the fact that he so wished that Apollo was by his side right now . 

Apollo winded in front of his main door . He knew his parents were home and disappointed , from his mother's upset face who opened the door for him . However his parents never questioned or objected anything he did . 

Apollo washed the stress of the long day from his face and he sat on his bed , having thoughts about calling Icarus , asking about his first session . 

" I know where you were " Apollo heard Artemis speak . 

Before he could say anything at all , she continued , " You were with that shanty town dirtbag " she spat with fury . 

" Artemis please mind your language . Remember who you are talking about " he firmly told her . 

" oh I see now . What did you see in that public school brat , what stupid magic is he working on you that you are all head over heels for him , brother ?" she mocked . 

" Icarus is my friend and we can spent as much as we want ." Apollo went on to take out his favourite book from his bookshelf . 

" so that's his name . You think I do not know that you bring that wretch home when we are away . I mean what is wrong with you , Apollo ?!" she was frustrated and angry at the same time . " you should be glad that Athena , Ares and Aphrodite do not know about it yet . What would they think , Oh my God ! " . 

" it doesn't matter what opinion they hold of me . And if I am being harshly honest right now , I don't care what you think either . Icarus is my friend and yes I do bring him home . Now if you will excuse me , I am trying to read " Apollo was already deep into his old scented pages . 

Artemis , clearly humiliated stormed out of Apollo's bedroom . He sighed at her departure .

Poem credits : ATTICUS

Word count : 800 words