| Hazel eyes mixed with sunshine |

Icarus couldn't takes his eyes off the boy . He was beautiful . 

The taller boy's skin was a perfect golden complexion , unmarred . His hair was a wild , tangled halo . And sunlight flickered in his two honey coloured eyes . His lips were curved in a beautiful carefree smile . A thick line of faint and prominent freckles running parallel all across his face , highlighting his sharp features altogether . However he was more than what meets the mere orb . Icarus reckoned the boy deserved nothing but happiness for admist all the mirth and laughter , he observed the glint of hidden pain in those hazel eyes . He wanted the one to replace that grief with exhilaration and ecstacy . 

Then his glance fell upon his own flawed self . His lips were cracked and dry and blistered . His skin was honeyed all throughout but it was covered in innumerable scars , majority had faded  . He recalled that he has wounds on his back and scorch marks like fingertips on both his arms . His eyes screamed and pleaded for succor . They were strained and couldn't hold on . Eyes that longed to escape this endless labyrinth . He was tired of this relentless fight against the escapade . He sighed defeated . 

" Look at the lot of them , showing off their smugness " scoffed Achilles . 

Icarus vaguely heard his friend talk about the boy with the proud classy smile and fake sweet talk . He was lost . He was downright absorbed in those curious honey filled eyes of the lad , barely distant from him at the present moment . 

Apollo was standing at the corner of the street , along with his three other siblings . Aphrodite and Artemis were giggling about a previous incident that had occurred making them laugh even today , which was too childish for Athena to join in the foolishness . Ares was not around . And Apollo , well he was reading a book , absolutely devoured in its pages . His face was visible beyond the cover of the book and Icarus' blue eyes were fixed on him . 

Icarus immediately turned his face away perhaps blushing . 
He had never thought that Apollo would look up from his book just to lock those pretty eyes with the unkempt boy across the street . 

And then someone hauled him away , and he trailed behind involuntarily . 

" They go to that private school , okay ? They never lay those arrogant eyes upon public schoolers like us . They're all trapped in that bubble of haughtiness and there's no way they're coming out of it so quit it " said Helen antagonised . 

Icarus savvied that he was being spoken to . He didn't respond to his friend . He quietly walked away . Then after a while he said discreetly , " He was the one playing the piano the other day " . 

His friends disregarded his unanticipated mention of the piano and it's player or anything about the evening prior . They resumed their stride towards their own class , without uttering a word . Icarus timidly followed their footsteps , like he would always , holding his few books very close to his pounding chest . When he turned back hesitantly for the second time , Apollo was no longer standing there. Neither were his three sisters . He didn't know how to interpret the whole situation . Maybe Helen and Achilles were right after all . Maybe Apollo was no different from others of his kind . He was equally conceited and scornful , just the way his friends described him every time they discussed about the prestigious family of Zeus . It was useless to expect that they could ever be acquintainces , let alone being friends . 

Icarus pondered over it the entire day , thinking about the boy he had encountered this morning . Eventually school was over and Icarus was standing outside the wide gates , tapping his foot impatiently , awaiting his friends to accompany him back home . 

" hello " that was quite unexpected . 

Icarus wasn't prepared . He didn't know how to appropriately respond to the greeting . The same boy was standing right in front of him , inches away . The same boy with the hazel eyes mixed with sunshine .

Word count : 665